Lowest 2020 entry scores

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
janet.redman

Re: Lowest 2020 entry scores

Post by janet.redman »

Does anyone have this info for Sutton Coldfield Grammar School too please? We live in Warwickshire but fall out of catchment for all Warwickshire schools so are looking at Sutton as we’re only 8 miles away. I have put a post on the Birmingham forum but no responses yet. Many thanks x
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

What did your DD score?

According to a post I found a score of 219 for offered SCGSG this year.
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

My daughter scored 223 and her best friend scored 213. They were hoping to go together. We’re also holding a place at Solihull School but probably won’t pay the fees if she can get into Sutton with her friend.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Based on last year 223 would have been enough, I’m not sure if 213 would have got in. Hopefully someone on the Birmingham forum will offer up a bit more info.

In 2019 a score of 214 was offered for scgsg in July.

However things changed in 2020 when the b’ham catchments were introduced.

The Sutton Coldfield grammars don’t come under the catchments, which may have resulted with more children applying there from areas such as Solihull.
Only1nickyt

Post by Only1nickyt »

nervousmom wrote:I'm after some info regarding scores and waiting lists for this year's entry (2020)

I know 217 was offered AGS on offers day 2020 with a score of 217 on waiting list.

Just wondering how low the scores went for each school.

Might help those who have just had 2021 scores through,
The FOI page has this....

5. I appreciate this is ever-changing but could you tell me please, how many have now been offered places at these schools from the waiting list?
* Lawrence Sheriff
* Ashlawn Selective
* Ashlawn Non-Selective * Rugby High
* Stratford Girls
Lawrence Sheriff = 6. Ashlawn Selective = 1. Ashlawn Non-Selective = 3. Rugby High = 6.
Stratford Girls = 12.

Unhelpfully doesn’t include AGS or KES

My daughter was one point below AQS at SGGS and 10th on waiting list, she was offered a place in Mid June, the girl in 12th place on the waiting list (same score) was offered about 3 weeks later.

For AGS I was chatting to someone who was 15th on the waiting list, she scored the AQS but was over the distance for automatic offers, and was offered in early June.

This may, or may not help at all!!!

Good luck to all of your children, I’m glad my 3 are all at secondary now and I’ve not got to go through the 11+ process again :D
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for your post, the child at AGS I think was on 217, which is good to know.

My DS got 227 so we should be ok.

This is my third time doing this. DS1 is in first year at uni (KEFW) and DD1 in year 11 at KEFW.

DS2 hopefully off to AGS next year.

DD2 is only in year 2, so we’re in it for a good while yet!
Leamdad28

Post by Leamdad28 »

I private messaged couple of parents who were 10th on the wailing list for KES and they were offered placed by end of May with a score of 233. I have also put in a FoI request for the last scored offered for KES last year and waiting for a response.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

That’s good...when I did one I got a standard email back straight away saying it may take a couple of weeks to come back to me and then even longer than that because of working from home etc. But then I had a response within 2 days, so hopefully you’ll hear something back by the end of next week.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Regarding the lowest score offered from the kes waiting list last year...

https://warwickshireportal.icasework.co ... D%3D%7E%21
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

For some reason the link won't open on my tablet!!

Any news at all for AGS?