So quiet!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

So quiet!

Post by nervousmom »

I’m amazed at how quiet this site has become, both on Warwickshire and Birmingham. With only 3 weeks to go I thought there would be a lot more going on. Especially as there isn’t actually anything else to do!! :lol:

22 days
hermanmunster

Re: So quiet!

Post by hermanmunster »

I suspect that when Birmingham changed the admission policy last year it took away a lot of the uncertainty (and discussion) over cut off scores. There is less uncertainty now as many who are in catchment know what is required for their category.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I expect that is the case, especially with Birmingham.

Do we know when the AQS will be published, im assuming it will be just before offers.

21 days
Leamdad28

Post by Leamdad28 »

Yes looks like the AQS will be released on 1st of March any wild guess on if it will go up/down/remain the same?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Based on previous years, I would say a 2-3 point rise for each school
red_devil

Post by red_devil »

Will we know the allocations by the evening of 26th Feb or will have to wait till the morning of 1st March?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

red_devil wrote:Will we know the allocations by the evening of 26th Feb or will have to wait till the morning of 1st March?
That will depend on your LA's feelings on abiding by the law in the form of the Admissions Code.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

Sorry what’s an AQS?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

AQS is the Automatic Qualifying Scores. The 2019 and 2020 AQS were advised with the issue of the 11+ results.
So if you’re in the priority circle and your child has the AQS or higher, and there are enough places, your child will be offered a place in the first round allocation.

If spaces remain (very unlikely on first round allocation) then children outside the priority area would get offered a place, score and distance from school come Into play here.

Solihull LA usually send their offers out the evening before the official offers day.

From reading comments from 2020 entry, it sounds like the AQS was released prior to the actual offers.

However, with WFH this year could be different again.

Only 18 days to go!!
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

I have a feeling that the AQS was released on the Friday evening before the results on the Sunday/Monday if I remember correctly. Really hope that happens again this year but I’m sure that’s wishful thinking.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now