ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
darkmuseuk

Re: ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Post by darkmuseuk »

Sorry, yes, I was aware of that. But lower down it also says:
Places will be reallocated from 15 March 2021 – please do not contact the Admissions Service about a waiting list place before the 15 March 2021 as we will not be able to give you any information on waiting list priority.
And it is now after 15 March. I don't want to bother the hard working staff if there is visibility some other way to find out if you are 5th, 50th or somewhere in between.
nmup

Post by nmup »

Just called Warwickshire Admissions for the waiting list. DS scored 236 (Southern priority) and is 43rd on the waiting list for KES! I expected to be told he might be around 20th or thereabouts given the AQS was 240, but 43rd was a bit of a surprise.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Anyone who is waiting on an AGS space off the waiting list - I know of at least 1 space that will come available because of someone accepting a private school offer. I also know if a girl who will be high on the SGGS waiting list (1 mark under AQS)...I'm guessing it's fairly likely she'll get a space based on previous years' movement. She has an AGS space at present, so again, this will mean and AGS space coming free.
Mark123

Post by Mark123 »

Hi

Has anyone had a reoffer yet? I thought the reoffers were supposed to start on 15th March but I haven't heard anything yet.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

I’m guessing it takes a while to work through each reoffer. Perhaps call under the guise of checking what space your child is on the waiting list? They won’t automatically volunteer this info to you so it’s worthwhile calling as they won’t email with position.
Last edited by LJandCJ on Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

You can call and request your child's position on the waiting list.
FYI DS scored 238 and was 19th on KES list. We're ~9 miles away.
del

Post by del »

Hello. I haven’t posted before but I stumbled upon this website a few months ago while researching the grammar school offer process after my DD got 228 in the 11+. We were hopeful of an offer at SGGS which we got. I think every parent still has paranoia about whether WDC received our acceptance... Anyway, yesterday we received the welcome letter from SGGS which pretty much confirms everything so I think we can relax for a while now!

In the letter it stated the parents welcome meeting is on the evening of Thursday 1st July and the new year 7 induction day is on Wednesday 7th July. It said there would be more info to follow.

Our friend’s DD got 221 and missed out on an offer for AGS literally by less than a mile. They rang Admissions last week and were told she is 16th on the waiting list.

I hope that's useful for anyone else waiting.

I’ll be honest and say that we started really late in preparing our DD for the 11+ exam. This was simply down to a lack of knowledge on our part. She was self taught by me (her father) with books from Amazon and W H Smith. We started beginning of July and spent hours every night learning, revising and practicing up until the exam. There was much blood, sweat and tears (lots of tears) through those 4 months or so, but we were over the moon when the hard work paid off.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Oh wow I’m really pleased to hear you’ve had something from SGGS - I didn’t think any of the schools would be forthcoming for a while yet, will keep everything crossed AGS follow suit shortly!!
Chantry_001

Post by Chantry_001 »

del wrote:Hello. I haven’t posted before but I stumbled upon this website a few months ago while researching the grammar school offer process after my DD got 228 in the 11+. We were hopeful of an offer at SGGS which we got. I think every parent still has paranoia about whether WDC received our acceptance... Anyway, yesterday we received the welcome letter from SGGS which pretty much confirms everything so I think we can relax for a while now!

In the letter it stated the parents welcome meeting is on the evening of Thursday 1st July and the new year 7 induction day is on Wednesday 7th July. It said there would be more info to follow.

Our friend’s DD got 221 and missed out on an offer for AGS literally by less than a mile. They rang Admissions last week and were told she is 16th on the waiting list.

I hope that's useful for anyone else waiting.

I’ll be honest and say that we started really late in preparing our DD for the 11+ exam. This was simply down to a lack of knowledge on our part. She was self taught by me (her father) with books from Amazon and W H Smith. We started beginning of July and spent hours every night learning, revising and practicing up until the exam. There was much blood, sweat and tears (lots of tears) through those 4 months or so, but we were over the moon when the hard work paid off.
Hi Del

Our daughter is also going to SGGS in September, it was good to see the letter from the school yesterday and plans being put in place. We had great fun destroying the half used 11+ books once the exam was done and dusted! Our daughter did the tuition which probably avoided the tears but meant that by the time of the extended exam date, she was absolutely ready to do it (and fed up waiting and revising!). Our older son is at KES so quite pleased that we will not have to go through 11+ Again! What is also interesting is that during the KES induction a couple of years ago, they did not mention the exam, it was a means to an end only. Which was a good approach to take.
Congratulations for your daughter!

J
del

Post by del »

Hi J, thanks. Congratulations to your daughter too. We won’t have to go through the whole process again either as DD is an only child. We didn’t have a book burning session though as we passed ours on to a friend whose daughter is a couple of years younger.

Yes I guess that is the last we hear of the 11+. I can’t imagine the school will mention it or disclose the results of each child. As you say it’s a means to an end and now they are in they are in.

As soon as we received our offer, I booked the bus service from Leamington, info I also gleaned from these pages. The forum has been really useful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now