ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
LJandCJ

Re: ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Post by LJandCJ »

Yes I had a very speedy response from them this morning too - for anyone else in Worcestershire, I accepted the space online and waited for the email confirmation to come through. Then forwarded it straight to Warks admissions to cover all bases, they emailed back within an hour to say they’d confirm things their end as well rather than waiting for Worcs to get in touch.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

There really doesn’t seem to be very many of us this year!
Ceew

Post by Ceew »

I’m here, a newbie this year. My DS has been offered a place at AGS, and are so very pleased and looking forward to how/when/etc information will come from the school about transition and September starting.

We are southern priority circle, Solihull LA. We will be picking a green bus route and buying a seat here soon too.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

I feel a bit anticlimactic today at the thought of the wait for the info from the schools! I’m guessing we’re looking at mid April at the earliest? Would be interested to hear from others with older ones who have done this before when they first had communication from the school.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I know what you mean about today being anti climatic !!

This is my first experience with a Warwickshire grammar school. Both my older children went to King Edwards Five Ways. I seem to remember receiving welcome letters from the Head on offers day!

I believe though that the Warwickshire schools are a bit behind this.

It would make sense to wait until after 15th March and the second round of offers, otherwise information could be sent to those children who don’t end up going to that school, therefore wasting resources.

My DS2, cousin and their best friend are all off to AGS together. Us moms are very excited about it all, but the boys don’t seem bothered :lol:
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

RHS didn't send us anything for a very long time...May I think. Bus application was in June. It felt like eternity.
WarksMum

Post by WarksMum »

27 April was our first email from AGS. Perhaps because they want to give the waiting list a chance to settle down a bit before they start giving out loads of info.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

By then, they might be able to make decisions about induction days too
darkmuseuk

Post by darkmuseuk »

Does anyone know when second round allocations are made, when waiting lists are created and how that is communicated to anybody on a waiting list? It would be nice to know the rough chances of a different school place being offered before we start making plans for the currently allocated place.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I'm not on your area, but the Warwickshire CC website says:

The second round of offers will start to be made from 15 March 2021 – we will contact you. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide any information on waiting list positions while we work on the second round offers, as the position changes daily. Please be assured that we will contact you if you are reallocated a place.

https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/applyin ... r-year-7/1
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now