ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

ALLOCATIONS March 21 - General chat!

Post by nervousmom »

I've started a couple of threads in preparation for next week's allocations.

This one is for a general one to get us through the next week of waiting!

Only 9 days to go, but hopefully the AQS will be published next weekend, so hopefully we'll have a heads up!

For both 2019 and 2020 the AQS was published on the weekend before allocations.

In previous years, Solihull LA have issued their emails on the evening before allocation day. Sometimes Birmingham have issued around midnight. Warwickshire have not tended to send early!

However, covid could change all of that this year!

9 days to go!
hermanmunster

Re: ALLOCATIONS MARCH 21 - General chat!

Post by hermanmunster »

Yep Solihull issuing allocations the evening before sometimes provided lots of info - particularly when the Birmingham Grammars were score based, gave people a clue as to chances of getting a place.

Good Luck to everyone waiting!
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Just checking in and adding to the list of counties - I think Worcestershire usually tend to update around midnight too.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

The early Solihull scores helped when waiting for DS1 and DD1. That was when Brum was score based, so was more helpful than maybe this year will be.

I can't remember what Worcestershire do!

What i do know is that for 2018 and 2019 entry there was an issue between the score sharing between Worcestershire and Birmingham!

Resulted in my niece being offered her last place school instead of AGS and the following year, someone not being offered any school whatsoever, even though he had enough for KEFW!!!

My nephew is Worcestershire so my SIL is slightly worried, although they haven't shared with Birmingham this time.

Keeping everything crossed.

I will probably stay up later next Sunday to see what's going on :D
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

oh that was fund and games, happens somewhere in the country every year - the preferences / offers are not sent through between respective LEAs and cross boundary children get offered much further down the list, fortunately gets sorted out but not before some real anxiety for parents
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Yes that is my biggest concern - at some point during the process once ds had sat the test I called Warks council just to make sure I’d done everything right, as I was paranoid I’d not ticked a box somewhere that would means Warks didn’t share ds’s results etc. (For anyone else that may be sent into a blind panic by my saying that - don’t worry! There is no box to tick for Worcs! I’d got confused with the whole sharing results with Birmingham thing)
red_devil

Post by red_devil »

Does anyone know when Coventry council publishes the AQS and the individual allocations?
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I believe Warwickshire county council publish the AQS for all 6 of the warks schools.

So that info will hopefully be available next weekend !
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

AQS were issued last year on the Saturday!
janet.redman

Post by janet.redman »

I'm slightly confused where to look. We live in Warwickshire and so entered our school choices on the Warwickshire LEA portal. However our 1st choice is Sutton Coldfield Grammar School (Birmingham LEA) as we're not in catchment for any Warwickshire Grammars. My daughter's entry on the Warwickshire portal says she sat her 11+ exam but doesn't show her score (which was emailed to us by Birmingham). Help! Is there anything I need to do???
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now