Green Bus

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ceew

Re: Green Bus

Post by Ceew »

Thank you. I have been in touch and received a quote. It seems comparable price to Green Bus, full non-refundable payment to book a seat. Just looking for any personal experience or knowledge between the two, or on how & when to book seats.

It sounds like it’s a “do it ASAP because the busses fill up” and have to admit to wanting piece of mind for arrangements come September... although need to get allocation coo confirmation on Monday and then see how Covid has or hasn’t changed the landscape come September! :P
Chantry_001

Post by Chantry_001 »

Ps. We did not book the green bus until July/August last year and no problem. But missed the reduced price window.
sleepypete

Post by sleepypete »

Ceew wrote:t sounds like it’s a “do it ASAP because the busses fill up” and have to admit to wanting piece of mind for arrangements come September... although need to get allocation coo confirmation on Monday and then see how Covid has or hasn’t changed the landscape come September! :P
I was the same - back in 2018 when my daughter got her place at SGGS I booked the bus the next day. I just needed to know it was sorted. If we get the school we want on Monday I will probably do the same, though I'm sure its absolutely fine to wait and consider more carefully.
sleepypete

Post by sleepypete »

Ceew wrote:t sounds like it’s a “do it ASAP because the busses fill up” and have to admit to wanting piece of mind for arrangements come September... although need to get allocation coo confirmation on Monday and then see how Covid has or hasn’t changed the landscape come September! :P
I was the same - back in 2018 when my daughter got her place at SGGS I booked the bus the next day. I just needed to know it was sorted. If we get the school we want on Monday I will probably do the same, though I'm sure its absolutely fine to wait and consider more carefully.
Nella

Post by Nella »

Hi, I’m in Birmingham but hope you don’t mind me adding my penny worth.

One thing to bear in mind is that, during the current pandemic, if one child has a positive Covid-19 test all the bus passengers have to isolate and do online lessons. My child’s friends missed quite a few weeks of the autumn term. I don’t know if the introduction of the lateral flow tests will change the current policy.

I guess if that’s the only transport you are stuck between a rock and a hard place :?
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

A reduced price window?! :D How much was it when reduced please?
Ceew

Post by Ceew »

My thoughts exactly! I didn’t even know to look out for one- thank you!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

They will do a special deal, and sell say 100 bus passes at a reduced rate. I have managed to get these, I can't remember how much I saved, but it was over £100! Although this may differ this year due to Covid.

In previous years the passes will go on sale on a set date at a set price.

As it gets closer to the start of the school year the bus passes Increase in cost. They always email to advise the change of dates and prices.

Emails are sent to those who hold current passes.

As and when they email, I will post the information on here for those who are not on their mailing list
Chantry_001

Post by Chantry_001 »

LJandCJ wrote:A reduced price window?! :D How much was it when reduced please?
Don’t get too excited! (Although currently what else is there to get excited about!) But I remember that it was quite a bit cheaper to buy the Green Bus before the summer break, and then the price increased, at a guess by about £100 or so for the year. (I think...)

Like we have said on this forum, all depends on arrangements for next year and routes!
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

£100 off is definitely exciting to me - that’s the difference between paying for a green bus or the public bus, but with the green bus it’s the assurance that it parks up at school etc :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now