AGS - sept 21

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nervousmom

Re: AGS - sept 21

Post by nervousmom »

My DS is now starting to get very nervous about next week! Everything is bought and he looks very smart in his uniform, although looks far too young to be going to big school.

He will be getting bus next Tuesday, another big step, as he’s never been in a bus on his own before.

He is lucky though, he is going with his cousin and friend and they have been lucky enough to have 2 private visits to the school.

Good luck to all the year 7’s starting next week.
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Is anyone printing off the transposition booklet for their child to complete?
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

We have sort of gone the opposite way here - ds was absolutely distraught when finishing primary at the beginning of summer (I think a feeling of “not having had enough time with friends” after such a disruptive couple of years) but is now much more nervously excited about the whole thing after the various videos and more info he’s had over the last couple of weeks. He also got added by the only other person that’s going from his school to a WhatsApp group of people starting so I think just knowing a few extra names has made a big difference.

Printing off the booklet is on my list of things to do over the weekend - when we originally got it I did send a reply email just asking if that was what we needed to do but got quite a vague response so just going to do ir anyway to be on the safe side.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Forgot to say - I am dropping off and picking up on Tuesday, then he’s going to get the bus by himself on Wednesday. He was disappointed when Green Bus said they wouldn’t have the passes before starting!
Loopy21

Post by Loopy21 »

Hi, can I ask those whose sons passed the 11+, what sort of scores were they getting if they completed any of the CGP practice paper packs? My son is sitting the exam this month with the hope of KES or AGS and I just can’t gauge how he is doing/what sort of % on these packs might equate to the required AQS for those schools, hoping some of you that have been down this path might be able to give me an idea! Thanks
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Loopy21 wrote:Hi, can I ask those whose sons passed the 11+, what sort of scores were they getting if they completed any of the CGP practice paper packs? My son is sitting the exam this month with the hope of KES or AGS and I just can’t gauge how he is doing/what sort of % on these packs might equate to the required AQS for those schools, hoping some of you that have been down this path might be able to give me an idea! Thanks
Just had a look - ds only did 1 pack of CGP papers (which I think is 2 full papers from what I could gather) and he got 72% on both. If I remember rightly he found these a little harder than others we’d done.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now