Commuting from Leicester to Rugby High - need help please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ToadMum

Re: Commuting from Leicester to Rugby High - need help pleas

Post by ToadMum »

OP, I took the liberty of looking at your previous posts on the forum and you had a DS take the 11+ a couple of years ago? Is he at a single-sex school, or is there a possibility of your DD being placed high enough up.on the waiting list for the same school to get a place by September if you add it to / change the order of your preferences? Or think about appealing as well as just sitting on the waiting list (but one hint - unless it really is a case of having had a cast-iron method of getting your DD to school when you applied, which has now been permanently removed by the provider, I wouldn't make much, if anything of the fact that you want another school because you can't get her to a school you requested in the first place, as sorting out logistics is the parents' responsibility).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Gosh that really is a huge commute OP. Unless you drive her each morning (with traffic that's going to take you over an hour each way - so 4 hours per day driving for you) the commute is going to take her hours and hours every day.

Rugby train station is nowhere near Rugby High (absolutely not walkable, for example) and doesn't have a reliale service to Rugby High.

Nothing is worth that. This is not a local school for you.
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

That journey would be bus, train, train, 10min walk, bus in each direction. Each day, for 38 weeks. That's a massive strain on your DD.
You need to look at car sharing options. I know there are car share websites. Suggest you try these. Alternatively contact RHS (and all the Rugby GS's) and see if they have contacts or suggestions.
I rarely hear of people travelling to the Rugby GS from Leicester. Of those few, all drove and none were able to car share. Best of luck, and most of all put your DD in the heart of the decision making.
juliealy

Re: Commuting from Leicester to Rugby High - need help please

Post by juliealy »

Hi

Can you communicate with me.
My daughter is in Leicester and will be going to rugby from September 2024.
Phone number removed by moderator. Please communicate by private message.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

juliealy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:05 pm Hi

Can you communicate with me.
My daughter is in Leicester and will be going to rugby from September 2024.
Phone number removed by moderator. Please communicate by private message.
Welcome to the forum :)

Please don't take this the wrong way - I'm very pleased for your DD if Rugby High is her long-time dream school, naturally - but I seriously hope that the message the OP has for you is details of a nice place to live in Rugby a short single bus ride from the school...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nb1512

Post by Nb1512 »

I have not managed to find an easy way of getting from the train station to rhs for an eleven year old. There isn’t a single bus as far as I know or could find out anyway! So despite being a nice and easy ten min train journey from station 5 mins from our house, my daughter gets the school bus which takes over an hour to get her home. She does enjoy the bus journey to be fair
solimum

Post by solimum »

This thread was started 3 years ago - I wish we could find out what happened to the original poster and her child....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

solimum wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:29 pm This thread was started 3 years ago - I wish we could find out what happened to the original poster and her child....
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/ ... 67040

Was applying for another DC the following year, but no further posts after February 2022.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now