NHS card for proof of adddress?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mamabear84

NHS card for proof of adddress?

Post by Mamabear84 »

I've noticed on RHS admissions policy it says for proof of address it says (in addition to Council Tax Bill, which we have):

Plus one of the following:
 Child Benefit letter for the current financial year;
 Child’s National Health registration card;
 Child Tax Credit Award Notice for the current financial year.

We don't get any correspondence from the Child Benefit agency, don't get tax credits and I've dug out my daughter's NHS registration card but have noticed the address on it is slightly wrong. Does anyone know if this is really what they use for proof of address and if so, where I can get a new one? I tried the GPs but they don't know and Google doesn't have any answers...

Thank you!
Nella

Re: NHS card for proof of adddress?

Post by Nella »

Hi, the NHS doesn’t provide cards anymore. If you need a letter with your daughter’s NHS number on it follow the link below and a letter will be sent out. There is one caveat with this- the postcode that you need to use to get the NHS number will be the one associated with the address that the GP has on their records. If you now live at a different address, or the details were entered incorrectly (does happen) then you will need to make sure the GP has your current address before you request the number.

https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/online- ... hs-number/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps!
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

We don't get any correspondence from child benefit office, however I phoned them and asked them for a letter confirming my current payments, it came within a week and was accepted as proof of address.
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Oh that's so helpful - thank you both very much!