Key Worker Question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Wildfuture

Re: Key Worker Question

Post by Wildfuture »

scary mum wrote:I think you may be reading too much into this. How would they assess or apply any adjustment for an advantage. The schools have to follow both the law and their admissions policy.
its actually against admissions 'law' to ask for information about employment or financial status of parents so there is no justification for it being there at all, even more so without explanation
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Admissions authorities are allowed to ask whether the child is the child of service personnel or returning Crown servants, which is to do with the Service Premium and the address that can be used for the application, or of a member of staff at an individual school being applied for, where that is one of the oversubscription criteria. But 'key worker' is way too vague and definitely not a specified category under the Admissions Code.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
s.wood_2

Post by s.wood_2 »

ToadMum wrote:Admissions authorities are allowed to ask whether the child is the child of service personnel or returning Crown servants, which is to do with the Service Premium and the address that can be used for the application, or of a member of staff at an individual school being applied for, where that is one of the oversubscription criteria. But 'key worker' is way too vague and definitely not a specified category under the Admissions Code.
totally agree with that
'keyworker' at the beginning of the pandemic and 'keyworker' now- totally different things. i worked throughout the pandemic as a keyworker now im not officially on the list of 'keyworkers'??! i ticked no because i did not know what documentation they would then request for it :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now