No council tax bill needed at this stage?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mamabear84

No council tax bill needed at this stage?

Post by Mamabear84 »

I've registered my child for the 11+ but notice that I didn't have to upload our council tax bill as part of the process. Two years ago when I registered my first child for 11+ I had to upload the council tax bill at that point. Has this changed? Nervous of missing something that's needed for on-time registration.
Stressedmum87

Re: No council tax bill needed at this stage?

Post by Stressedmum87 »

I just uploaded it anyway.
sportsforall

Post by sportsforall »

In previous years the proof of address was required by 31st December, it is to prove where you are resident at time of application. The CAF date is usually 31st October. I think even though you have uploaded one now, you will need to do it again later in the year since it will be out of date.
Stressedmum87

Post by Stressedmum87 »

I uploaded my Council tax bill but won’t have another by Dec! Oh well, will see what they say later on!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I'm not sure why you would need to show proof of address to sit the entrance exam? Proof of address to go with an actual application for a school where place of residence is relevant (those living in a priority admissions area having priority over those living elsewhere), but this shouldn't be relevant at the stage of registration for the exam.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

I was definitely asked for it when I registered for 11+ in 2019. I do remember thinking it didn't make sense. I had to produce it again for proof of address later.

Anyway, there's definitely nothing asking for it this time so I'll wait till the appropriate time.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mamabear84 wrote:I was definitely asked for it when I registered for 11+ in 2019. I do remember thinking it didn't make sense. I had to produce it again for proof of address later.

Anyway, there's definitely nothing asking for it this time so I'll wait till the appropriate time.
It may be that Warks CC worked out that it wasn't needed at this stage and therefore, they shouldn't be asking for it.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

I was asked for it when I registered last year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now