Panic thread! 2022 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stressedmum87

Panic thread! 2022 entry

Post by Stressedmum87 »

I’m not feeling hopeful for DS (Rugby) and score really. In Cawston area of town and not keen on BH.
Back up plan is Princethorpe but looking at that entrance paper it looks worse!

Am really starting to panic :roll:

Anyone with me?
sportsforall

Re: Panic thread! 2022 entry

Post by sportsforall »

I am sure we all had moments like this in the process. The most important thing is to stay relaxed about it all in front of DS. Look at all the school options and try to see positives in all of them. If you are in Rugby I assume you are looking at LSS which now has an increased intake so the chances of a place have increased.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

Bear in mind that if you are seriously considering independent school, they are run as a business - this means that the exams are used mainly to filter out the brightest children to match to their scholarship and bursary applications, and everyone else has to pay full price. Yes, they usually have more applicants than places, but many of those applicants will not take up a place so there are several rounds of offers until they fill their classes. If you are concerned that the exam will be a stretch for your son, it may be that a place would still get offered if you can afford the full fee. And all of your prep for the 11+ will definitely have helped prepare him. Try not to worry too much! And BH is on the up, so I hear. Good luck.
Stressedmum87

Post by Stressedmum87 »

Thank you! Yes LSS is preferred option on paper, however obviously have not been round them! Hope we will actually get to visit.
Thanks for the advice.