Answering on a separate sheet

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mamabear84

Answering on a separate sheet

Post by Mamabear84 »

I’ve seen a few sources say that in the Warwickshire 11+ they answer on a separate sheet. Is that the case? I’m curious as to why they don’t just write on the question paper?

Doesn’t flipping back and forward to a sheet waste time and isn’t there a big risk of the wrong box getting filled in if the child is having to coordinate answer sheet to booklet? (And then potentially filling all subsequent boxes wrong, say if they miss a question but forget to leave a blank on the answer sheet and just go straight on?!)

My son did 11+ but can’t remember an answer sheet.
KaB£H1s3

Re: Answering on a separate sheet

Post by KaB£H1s3 »

Is there any familiarisation material on the school website?

Usually tests use a pull out answer sheet that can be read by computer OMR optical mark recognition. The computer can mark a paper in less than half a second hence it saves a lot of time and money making and processing the results.
LJandCJ

Post by LJandCJ »

Yes when my ds took the test last year it definitely had a separate answer sheet and when he did mocks at home it was something I always spent quite a lot of time going over a strategy with him (I.e if you miss a question out, make sure you put a ring around the question number and leave it blank then move onto the next row)

There is the risk of missing one out and then forgetting to leave it blank but I guess it’s just part of the organisational process they have to learn in relation to the test.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Edited - wrong thread
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now