AQS percentage

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pgm

AQS percentage

Post by pgm »

I just wondered if anyone knows what the maximum possible score is for the Warwickshire test? i.e. what the test is out of? I'm wondering in terms of the percentage needed to pass the test to try to get a flavour for if we are on track with preparation. Thanks!

DD at AGS
DS taking 11+ in Sept (and I definitely feel more stress and pressure 2nd time around!!)
WarksMum

Re: AQS percentage

Post by WarksMum »

The truth is…nobody knows. CEM are very protective of their ‘formula’ for how they standardise scores based on pupil birth date, etc. The only part that isn’t confidential is that VR is 50%, NVR is 25%, and NR is 25% of the total score. Up until 2019, WCC always provided the following:
https://api.warwickshire.gov.uk/documents/WCCC-699-941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Based on this information, my own personal assumption is that the top score is 300, but this is only a guess.
pgm

Re: AQS percentage

Post by pgm »

Thank you for your reply! It's so hard to get any kind of idea, so I went up into the loft and found my daughter's results letter. She sat the 11+ in 2017 and went to AGS. She scored 76% overall which was standardised to 219. Based on the AQS for that year, candidates born at around the same time as her (October) needed around 75% for AGS and 80% for KES. I know the secrets behind the formula mean this is unlikely to be fully accurate but it at least gives some idea. Thought I would post in case it was helpful to anyone else!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now