Results Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kelbel

Re: Results Day

Post by kelbel »

2022 intake is the first year that the new priority circles apply. The details of these are in the 2022 admissions document on the KES website. I agree that it’s going to make it harder to gauge if scores are high enough or not by looking at previous years.
Mamabear84

Post by Mamabear84 »

Will this (potentially) just affect the scores for KES and AGS or might it also affect the Rugby grammars?
Ejf

Post by Ejf »

I have called Birmingham foundation admissions today. Warwickshire haven't shared their results with them yet (due to happen next week), however Birmingham have shared their results with Warwickshire.
aquafina

Post by aquafina »

Ejf wrote:I have called Birmingham foundation admissions today. Warwickshire haven't shared their results with them yet (due to happen next week), however Birmingham have shared their results with Warwickshire.
Frustrating, but makes sense, if people knew that ticking the box to share with Birmingham, would get their results a week earlier, then I guess everybody would do it whether they were interested in the Birmingham grammars or not.

Apologies, if I made anyone think they would be getting their results along with Birmingham on Monday or Tuesday. I really thought we would and even got confirmation from someone at Warwickshire admissions, on the Friday that I posted the message. I have to admit the person didn’t sound sure of themselves, whereas the person I spoke to yesterday sounded more confident and confirmed they would be available through the portal on Monday 18th.

Trust me, Monday was a really long day for me as I waited for the results that never came. By Tuesday lunchtime, I was reconciled to the fact they weren’t coming. Now I am at peace with the fact they won’t be here till Monday. Anything earlier would be an unexpected bonus. On the plus side, it at least keeps the hope going a little longer. Also the Walsall results come along shortly after, so at least we’ll know one way or the other by then (unless it’s borderline score and then the wait will continue to March). :roll:
Loopy21

Post by Loopy21 »

I wish the results were out today, this waiting is a killer! I even logged in just, on the off chance that the results were up early but nope, nothing other than telling us he was registered.

I was thinking about the theory that KES might accept a lower score re the catchment changes but I’m not sure how much difference it will make. There are only 87 places and even if the score drops 1 mark from where it might have been under the old system, there will be multiple boys that have that lower score, so I’m not sure the catchment will make much of a difference? And I’d imagine only some of the boys in the outer circle would want AGS as an alternative because of the logistics of getting to and from school and the time it would take, if they are coming from the eastern/southern edges?

Does anyone think the AQS for KES and AGS may drop a bit this year because last years cohort had an extra 2 months of prep time before they sat their test? Plus 2 months of year 6 lessons which may have strengthened some of the maths concepts?
aquafina

Post by aquafina »

From the website:

Information on 11+ Test results
Test results for candidates who sat the 11+ exam for Warwickshire's September 2022 entry on the 11 or 12 September will be released on Monday 18th October 2021.

If you registered your child for the 11+ test online, the quickest way for you to view child's results will be by logging into your online parent portal account from 9am on Monday 18 October 2021.

Test score information will not be available before 9am on Monday 18 October 2021.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now