Results Day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nervousmom

Re: Results Day

Post by nervousmom »

Things have probably changed, but when we shared results with Birmingham 6 years ago, we received letters from both Birmingham and Warwickshire (this was before results were emailed )
Ejf

Post by Ejf »

Thanks nervousmom. If we don’t hear today I will give Birmingham a call tomorrow. Normally I’d be patient but we are trying to complete on a house move (into catchment) and need to know how pushy I need to be to get it through before December.
AlwaysHappy

Post by AlwaysHappy »

Wildfuture wrote:I don't think that's the case. Why would Birmingham send the results on behalf of Warwickshire? Has it ever been known for Warwickshire to send results for Birmingham?
My daughter took Birmingham exam in the year 2019. We did check ON the sharing option. We got her result by email from Birmingham schools with overall score. Few days later, we got a letter from Warwickshire with her score. Actually, Warwickshire letter had more details like what was her score in English and how much in Maths. Birmingham email just had final score though.
red_devil

Post by red_devil »

May be last year was different then. Because of COVID, Warwickshire had postponed their exam till November while Birmingham had it in September as planned.
aquafina

Post by aquafina »

I contacted Warwickshire admissions on Friday and they confirmed we’ll receive two sets of results if we ticked the box to share - one from Birmingham and the other from Warwickshire.

I think that although the results are likely to be the same - there is a possibility that as they are being standardised against different cohorts there may be a very small difference in the standardised score for each.

I’m assuming Birmingham will release these results at the same time as the Birmingham sitters but I don’t mind admitting that every hour that goes past without receiving an e-mail makes my slightly more unsure..
aquafina

Post by aquafina »

aquafina wrote:I contacted Warwickshire admissions on Friday and they confirmed we’ll receive two sets of results if we ticked the box to share - one from Birmingham and the other from Warwickshire.

I think that although the results are likely to be the same - there is a possibility that as they are being standardised against different cohorts there may be a very small difference in the standardised score for each.

I’m assuming Birmingham will release these results at the same time as the Birmingham sitters but I don’t mind admitting that every hour that goes past without receiving an e-mail makes my slightly more unsure..
Contacted Warwickshire admissions again today, and spoke to someone different who said even if we ticked the box to share with Birmingham we’d only receive one set of results from Warwickshire on Monday 18th October. Not sure what to think now..
s.wood_2

Post by s.wood_2 »

im sure if you have registered via the portal you can access the results via the portal on friday 15th but if you applied by post you will recieve the results back by post w/c Monday 18th. Normally the monday if you have a good posite

this was the case when my daughter sat it :)
kelbel

Post by kelbel »

I emailed warwickshire admissions this morning to ask if results will available on the portal
on 15th or 18th as I’d seen both dates on different documents. They emailed back and said results will be on the portal on 18th. So it looks like we have to wait until after the weekend unfortunately.

NB: this is nothing to do with results sharing as I know nothing about that - just about the results date.
pgm

Post by pgm »

This is probably a really silly question, but what year was the new inner priority circle introduced for KES Stratford? From what I've read it seems that this is the first year, but not sure if I'm incorrect! With an inner circle of only 13 miles instead of 16, I'm wondering if the AQS might be lower for KES than in previous years. But also conversely, if the AGS AQS might be higher as they are still only using the larger circle and will have all of the children with higher scores from the outer circle who would have in previous years gone to KES. Does anyone have any other thoughts or info? Just desperate to know how he did one way or the other now!
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

pgm wrote:This is probably a really silly question, but what year was the new inner priority circle introduced for KES Stratford? From what I've read it seems that this is the first year, but not sure if I'm incorrect! With an inner circle of only 13 miles instead of 16, I'm wondering if the AQS might be lower for KES than in previous years. But also conversely, if the AGS AQS might be higher as they are still only using the larger circle and will have all of the children with higher scores from the outer circle who would have in previous years gone to KES. Does anyone have any other thoughts or info? Just desperate to know how he did one way or the other now!

Good question, I’m quite new to this but when my child sat their 11 plus a lot of children whose parents preferred KES were aiming to get into the other grammars due to the catchment area changing. Thus, I can only assume the AQS for these other grammars must go up as the demand goes up …