Rugby High School: Chance of admission: Should we move or no

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
StoneyCake

Re: Rugby High School: Chance of admission: Should we move o

Post by StoneyCake »

I think you need to be very careful renting a home in Rugby for a short period to get an address then moving back to Coventry.

If this was discovered you could be breaching some of the rules re applications and any place could be withdrawn. Be very careful of this. Whilst I haven’t seen it happen here, I am aware of a situation in Essex which sounds very similar and that caused lots of distress.
Fatnorville

Re: Rugby High School: Chance of admission: Should we move o

Post by Fatnorville »

StoneyCake wrote:I think you need to be very careful renting a home in Rugby for a short period to get an address then moving back to Coventry.

If this was discovered you could be breaching some of the rules re applications and any place could be withdrawn. Be very careful of this. Whilst I haven’t seen it happen here, I am aware of a situation in Essex which sounds very similar and that caused lots of distress.
I assumed good faith in my reply, however I will take your post further and say at least one offer of a place at a Rugby grammar school was removed when it was deemed that the parent applied from a fraudulent address.

I know historically members of the admissions authority for the Grammar schools in Rugby occasionally visited this forum. If someone was to act fraudulently then I recommend that they don't post their child's score, their circumstances, their home LEA, the school they intend to apply to or indeed anything that could implicate them on this forum.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now