MFL Ashlawn

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
rsparma

MFL Ashlawn

Post by rsparma »

Goodmorning

Please can check what score or percentile you needed to gain a place at Ashlawn via MFL ?
Centralperk

Re: MFL Ashlawn

Post by Centralperk »

My daughter scored 437 and is 77th percentile. It says that the AQS for last year was 428. Hope that helps.
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

Thank you :)
StoneyCake

Post by StoneyCake »

I think you need to know the number of children who took the test to get any accurate idea.

My son scored 448 which it says is 91st centile.
rsparma

Post by rsparma »

That’s a great score !
I heard your child needs to get around the 90th percentile upwards to secure a place viaa MFL but a lot of factors involved .
Centralperk

Post by Centralperk »

rsparma wrote:That’s a great score !
I heard your child needs to get around the 90th percentile upwards to secure a place viaa MFL but a lot of factors involved .
That can’t be true if last years AQS was 428!
StoneyCake

Post by StoneyCake »

rsparma wrote:That’s a great score !
I don’t think that’s correct. A lot of the children taking the MFL test will have also done the 11+ so there will be a fair number of children who score highly in both and are likely to take grammar places.

My eldest got 81st centile with 433 in 2020 and that score would have got him on that year, but he got an Ashlawn place via the 11+.
Vicksteroo

Post by Vicksteroo »

In case anyone is doing the stats on this, I happen to know that 442 came out as 83rd percentile and 458 is 99th. But we're going with DD's 11+ result so that's at least 1 place freed up!
Stressedmum87

Post by Stressedmum87 »

I was expecting to have to apply for Ashlawn selective (11+) and non selective (MFL) and Ashlawn non selective on the online system - but it only gave me the option for Ashlawn? Is that right?
Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Stressedmum87 wrote:I was expecting to have to apply for Ashlawn selective (11+) and non selective (MFL) and Ashlawn non selective on the online system - but it only gave me the option for Ashlawn? Is that right?
Thanks
There is a paragraph in the 2022 admissions policy which states:

All applications to Ashlawn School are now considered under this single admissions policy, including applications for selective, aptitude and non-selective places. This policy explains under which element parents can apply and the oversubscription criteria for the remaining available places.

https://ashlawn.org.uk/app/uploads/2021 ... y-2022.pdf
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx