Warwick School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rowan

Warwick School

Post by Rowan »

Hi Everyone
My son has been invited for a scholarship interview at Warwick School . Anyone who has been through this ? Any tips on preparation? Thank you
Vicksteroo

Re: Warwick School

Post by Vicksteroo »

I can't help specifically with Warwick School, but from previous experience I would suggest remembering that they're a business, they want to take on pupils that will both make them money and improve their reputation, so they can make more money - if your son has excelled at the 11+ and/or the school entrance exam, you're in a great negotiating position as they'll be eager to benefit from his likely great GCSE results. If his results were more borderline, be prepared to have to really impress them to get the financial support.

For a scholarship interview, if it were me I'd take only high quality, relevant evidence (assuming they asked for it) and not the "filler" (you want them to judge you on your best work), be prepared to answer the kinds of questions you might get at a job interview, dress appropriately, and avoid eating garlic that morning! Best of luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now