BESPOKE UNIVERSITY OF DURHAM TEST

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Rose petal

BESPOKE UNIVERSITY OF DURHAM TEST

Post by Rose petal »

My Daughter is currently in year 4, so will sit this in Autumn next year. Does anyone have any ideas how best to prepare for the new bespoke test and which practice materials are likely to be closest to the Durham test. Or is it just a case of having a go at all publishers materials.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Sorry, I know nothing about this test to be sat in year 5.
Why is she sitting it in year 5?
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh, I meant to say...welcome to the forum! :mrgreen:
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

She will go into year 5 this September and year 6 next September - so next October she will be at the start of year 6.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Sorry, I didn't read it properly!
Right, so we are talking about preparation for the 11+ in 2009. I am in the same situation...my daughter is also coming to the end of year 4.
I personally feel that as long as I am keeping my daughter's brain ticking over and exposing her to a variety of question types, I shall feel that we have done enough.
We have not started any preparation yet and shall not for many months. Reading and exposure to more complex words etc is more of a priority for me at this stage. We didn't actually do much prep for our son last year either. Partly because he refused!!!
Does your daughter attend a school which will support the 11+ and give you, as a parent, any advice and guidance? Haave you started any preparation yet?
Anything you glean from other sources, please post on this forum. We are short of Warwickshire people.
:mrgreen:
Rose petal

Post by Rose petal »

Thank you for the welcome.

We have started some preparation, using the stage 3 bond books, as these seem to be age appropriate and I feel will help her learning whatever the outcome of the 11+. She enjoys doing these (well maybe not the maths!!).

Have not got anything from our School, we live in Worcestershire though.

Have not managed to "glean" much information - did talk to admissions at Warwickshire a few days ago who told me the format of the 2 papers.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Hi - good to see another Warwickshire parent on here.

The new format covers a wider range of skills/abilities so for my year 5 son, we are going through Maths papers, English comprehension tests as well as VR and NVR papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now