Difficult test?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JD's mom

Difficult test?

Post by JD's mom »

Hi everyone, I can't believe how difficult my son said this test was. He said the first test he only managed to answer just over half of the qestions although answered all on the second paper.

Has anyone else's child found them this difficult? I feel that maybe I should start preparing him for the worst as everyone seems to be saying the children need to be gaining scores of at least 90% to be offered a place.

I don't know anyone else with a child has taken the test so can't compare feedback with anyone.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

As a 'last year's mum' I can't help with this year's test - but I can say that people who make statements about needing 90% must be wrong.

Warwickshire has never set this style of test before, so no-one can give a realistic view of what the pass mark will be!

We had a similar problem last year because we also had a different style of paper from the year before and I went through exactly the same heartache - but my daughter is now very happily settled in a Warwickshire grammar school.

Try not to panic!
KenR

Post by KenR »

Hi JD Mum

We have had exactly the same 90% plus parent rumours in B/Ham for the similar KE Foundation test for years. I can assure you that this is completely wrong for this type of test.

fm has posted some relevant information on a related thread:-

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... c&start=30

Anywhere between 50%-70%, depending of the type of questions, would be nearer the mark.