Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:26 am
Location: Watford, Herts
These are documents related to the proposal to change the priority area for 2010 entry to Ashlawn School (selective stream), Lawrence Sheriff School and Rugby High School.
- School Admissions Code, Department for Children, Schools and Families.
- Admissions Booklets for 2009 entry, Warwickshire County Council, 3 September 2008. The rough map on page 2 of the Eastern Area booklet for secondary admissions depicts both the old priority circle and the E Warks area, which is proposed as the new priority area.
- First adjudicator's determination, upholding an objection by Northamptonshire Admissions Forum to the admission arrangements for Ashlawn School, Lawrence Sheriff School and Rugby High School, 24 October 2008.
- Admissions to Rugby Selective Schools, Report of the Strategic Director of Children, Young People and Families to Warwickshire cabinet, 8 January 2009. (cabinet minutes: see item 8)
- Draft admission arrangements for consultation, 15 January 2009. (RHS began consultation on 16 December 2008.)
- Minutes of Rugby Area Committee meeting considering revised proposal (see next item), 26 March 2009.
- Admissions to Rugby Grammar Schools, revised proposal approved by Warwickshire cabinet on 2 April 2009. (cabinet minutes: see item 3, press release)
- Second adjudicator's determination, denying an objection to the revised arrangements, 2 October 2009.
Other adjudications involving the Greenwich Judgement ("LEA-maintained schools may not give priority to children simply because of the fact that they live in the authority's administrative area."):
- Parents face restrictions on choice of grammar school, Times, 25 January 2009.
- Grammar schools: parents could face new application restrictions, Telegraph, 25 January 2009.
- Parents to fight for Rugby schools choice, Daventry Express, 28 January 2009.
- Southam pupils' right to go to Rugby grammar schools under threat, Leamington Spa Courier, 29 January 2009.
- Rugby grammar school places to be reviewed again, Coventry Telegraph, 12 August 2009.
- Fresh bid to block school places, Rugby Observer, 13 August 2009. (archive search)