Results day?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Rugbymum

Results day?

Post by Rugbymum »

When do you think we will actually receive our results? Will it be the Tuesday?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

It was last year. I think some people got theirs on-line on the Monday, but you had to register early for that - don't know whether this was on offer this year?

Ours didn't arrive on Tuesday so I 'phoned & was told her allocation. Didn't quite believe it until the letter arrived though (which was on the Wednesday).
Sassie'sDad

11+ transfer day results published

Post by Sassie'sDad »

The day in question is Friday, 6th March
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

I thought letters were being sent out on Monday 2nd?
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Yes, Rugbymum, letters are being posted on Monday 2nd. I have no idea what Sassie'sDad is talking about.
Sassie'sDad

Clarification

Post by Sassie'sDad »

The date I quote is that given bythe Registrar of Rugby School as being "when the results of the 11+ transfer to the local grammar schools are published."
Scurr1780

Results Day - number who sat exam and "nod and wink&quo

Post by Scurr1780 »

Two questions:

1. Does any one know how many children sat the exam last October? I know that for the September 2008 entry about 840 children sat for the three South Warwickshire grammar schools.

2. I have heard in the past that some parents have had a "nod and a wink" from their head teacher before the results. I am not sure if this is true or not. I can say that we have received no such indication from our head teacher. Has any one been given any kind of indication?

Good luck for the results.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

To find out the answer to the first question, its probably best calling WCC as that is how I found out the 840 figure for 2008.

As for the second question, I can believe that - headteachers apparently are informed at around Christmas time.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

I also understand that the headteachers already know - but our experience was that they're unlikely to spill the beans!

We had a parents' evening the week before allocation day last year and I even said something like "I imagine you know which school she'll be going to in September" but the teacher kept a completely straight face!
Charlotte67

Re: Clarification

Post by Charlotte67 »

Sassie'sDad wrote:The date I quote is that given bythe Registrar of Rugby School as being "when the results of the 11+ transfer to the local grammar schools are published."
WCC Secondary Schools, Eastern Area, For Admission in September 2009 wrote:Applications received between 6 February 2009 and 2 March 2009 will not be processed until offers have been posted to parents on 2 March 2009
The Registrar at Rugby School is wrong.
Scurr1780 wrote:1. Does any one know how many children sat the exam last October? I know that for the September 2008 entry about 840 children sat for the three South Warwickshire grammar schools.
The number will be given on your child's 11+ results. If you can't wait that long, you could try calling admissions (like Rugbymum); they are extremely helpful and pleasant!
Scurr1780 wrote:2. I have heard in the past that some parents have had a "nod and a wink" from their head teacher before the results. I am not sure if this is true or not. I can say that we have received no such indication from our head teacher. Has any one been given any kind of indication?
No nods or winks for us either, although they will have known before Christmas. We had a bumper crop at our school last year and I'm full of admiration for the staff for being able to keep it quite. This is not to say that I didn't read the result into everything they said, every glance and attitude. Had I guessed based on this, I would have gone the wrong way.

Not long now! Good luck!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now