Well done Warks!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Charlotte67

Well done Warks!

Post by Charlotte67 »

Dear All,

I have kept away from the forum this week as it's been overloaded but wanted to say:

Congratulations to Rugbymum and son!!

And to Concerto & daughter! What an amazingly gifted AND talented daughter you have!

And to Bad Dad and son - very much in the same league as concerto's daughter, just everso slightly further down!

Daisy, I'm sorry to hear your news. Have you thought of appealing for the Catholic school?

Saturdayperson, well done to your god daughter and thank you posting your own daughter's inspiring story.

Sassie'sDad, congrats to Sassie! I trust she will have a wonderful time at Rugby.

And to the other newbies, Boohoo, Lucylou'smum and anyone I have forgotten. Thank goodness that's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE (whatever the result) and have THE BEST TIME at your new schools!

Charlotte x x x

TUTORS - Any feelings regarding the test results? Did it 'work' this year? What kind of kids got through? It's my turn to start getting worried for next year's intake now...
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Thanks Charlotte :D

We're still on Cloud Nine and my son is over the moon - his best mate and two close friends are also going to LSS.

Its been a bumper year for my son's school. Out of his year (25 children), 16 did the 11plus and 9 passed :D Sadly I know of at least 3 very bright children who could have passed but didn't. I feel that speed is a key factor in doing well - there so so many questions to cover.

Looking at my son's scores - he did better in verbal reasoning than in numeracy which kind of surprised me as he is excellent in maths, but months of VR practice papers has probably made a huge difference.
daisy

Post by daisy »

Absolutely - CONGRATULATIONS everyone :D

Charlotte - we are definitely going to have a go at appealing, although we don't hold out much hope as we're not Catholic, and despite my going to that school and there being a lot of the same teachers there, including the head, and my whole family going to that school too, inc my dad and his brothers and sisters and children, and despite it absolutely being the right school for J, it is an extremely popular school now, and a place is wanted by those in this area, other areas and even Catholic families that have come over from abroad - and unfortunately as much as we would love everyone that wants a place there to get one, that can't happen! So we'll just have to see what happens I guess! :D
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Good luck with your appeal Daisy. I know nothing about apeals other than what I have read on this forum. I recommend that you start your own thread on the appeals section (if you haven't already). My own (inexpert) view would be that the family history of attendance would carry no weight - what would be important would be to focus on J's individual needs (perhaps relating to his medical history). Is the Catholic school smaller (than the high school)? Closer to home? Better for him in any other way?

I'm sure the guys on appeals will have more valuable input!

Charlotte
LucyLou's Mum

well done warks!

Post by LucyLou's Mum »

~Thank you Charlotte for your good wishes. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now