General Election

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tiffinboys

Re: General Election

Post by tiffinboys »

JC has made sure he would be the news tomorrow.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

I saw JC kicking a ball on a news report.Sadly his abilities as a footballer in my opinion reflect his potential as an alternative PM.I am expecting new opinion polls to show the Conservatives well in front of Labour certainly a double figure lead. Most people still prefer TM to JC as PM and usually thats one main reason in whom people vote for. I don't want this country to go back to the 1970's I remember British Rail with their advert "we're getting there" when they were going nowhere.If JC was to get in by some miracle I know I would be encouraging the younger generation I know to leave the UK and seek better opportunities across the world.There would be little point in working hard and being industrious here. At least thinking positively if a lot of people think like that it would help in reducing the net rate of immigration into the country.The election is 12 days away we will know soon enough.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

According to Times, Conservative lead has cut to 5%. They need to work really hard to avoid hung parliament.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

I can't be bothered- it's a choice between the devil and the deep blue see.

A plague on both of their houses.Wake me up on the 9th of June.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Catseye wrote:I can't be bothered- it's a choice between the devil and the deep blue see.

A plague on both of their houses.Wake me up on the 9th of June.
Since both the devil and the deep blue sea are figments of our imagination (Unless you are a believer).You are right to be wanting to wake up after the election as a follower of the diminishing cohorts of TF's followers.It was lovely quoting Shakespeare.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/timelines/zwsfg82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/earth/story/201505 ... eally-blue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/14450.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I thought TM performed well last night steadying her parties political fortunes.

JC also came across well and so did the extreme positions he holds however sincerely held.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
doodles

Post by doodles »

I found Jeremy Paxman the main irritant last night. He just loves the sound of his own voice, I wanted to hear the answers not him banging on relentlessly.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Basically dull. Only interesting point was TM's reference to "my" manifesto (as opposed to "our" manifesto). Freudian slip...
Amber

Post by Amber »

mike1880 wrote:Basically dull. Only interesting point was TM's reference to "my" manifesto (as opposed to "our" manifesto). Freudian slip...
There have been reports that the fiasco over the social care thing was because of TM's dislike of delegating or even consulting others, so that she basically didn't ask the key players about it. She is looking more and more fierce and uncompromising to me and I find her scary. I didn't watch the debate as I prefer now to stick my head in the sand and wait for the inevitable. The headlines this morning all focus on what JC would and wouldn't do if we were under some kind of threat - personally I prefer the idea that someone would sit and think very hard before launching drone strikes rather than go in all guns blazing at the first sign of bother. Look where that has got us. We have a right wing press essentially with only two mainstream news outlets being left of centre so it is hardly surprising that we are being urged to panic at the idea that we will be nuked by an unidentified aggressor while JC thinks about what to do.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I find the Labour message very compelling... basically we all get loads of free stuff! I was looking forward to the extra bank holidays and now I find that almost everything is going to be free and apparently paid for by other people, it sounds great!

I've ordered my holiday money just in case.
Animis opibusque parati
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

SunlampVexesEel wrote:I find the Labour message very compelling... basically we all get loads of free stuff! I was looking forward to the extra bank holidays and now I find that almost everything is going to be free and apparently paid for by other people, it sounds great!

I've ordered my holiday money just in case.
I like the idea of all the extra bank holidays - lots more double pay for working them, wonder who is going to be paying for that?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now