The Loft. The story so far...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Stroller

Re: The Loft. The story so far...

Post by Stroller »

Lovin’ this thread.
scary mum wrote:Also the many half bottles abandoned by scary daughter when she discovers a new "flavour" must be used up.
Years and years ago, I bought “a thing” in the US to solve that problem. Looks awfully like this, but I suspect the name changed. It’s a most useful contraption, still works perfectly.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
doodles

Post by doodles »

That takes all the fun and suspense out of balancing the old ketchup bottle on top of the new one hoping that the dregs will ooze down before it looks like there's been a massacre in the kitchen :lol:

Our stockpile items are anti-bac spray (Mr doodles) and tinned tomatoes as I get a bit twitchy if I have less than 4 tins in the pantry :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:Here it is scary dad who can't resist a bargain!
Same here - it tends to be wine, which doesn't really help me in my quest to be teetotal. Soon. Very soon.
doodles wrote:Our stockpile items are anti-bac spray (Mr doodles) and tinned tomatoes as I get a bit twitchy if I have less than 4 tins in the pantry
Coconut milk at the moment as I am into making coconut sorbet so I can fantasise about being on a foreign beach. And rye flour to feed my sourdough starter. Somehow I have about 30 packets of lentils stockpiled - DS1 actually wrote a list of everything we had when the kitchen was refitted so we don't overbuy. We can live on dal forever.
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Lofts, hmmmm? A couple of days ago was chatting to a friend about the current hot weather, he mentioned how hot it was in the music studio with vintage amps full of electronic valves.

Reminded me of my dad, who grew up with valves and could never let them go, when it came to clear his attic there were a dozen carcasses of old TVs and radios, full of, might be useful one day valves.

I'm adopting an empty loft approach to life. :)
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

One of the contrary cats (that have always refused to have anything to do with cat baskets and slept wherever they felt like it) decided to be even more contrary and sleep in the cat basket I brought done from the loft and left in the conservatory to be got rid of. Seems I won’t be after all.
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

We found a car windscreen, a box of ancient booze, all too disgusting to drink like curdled Avocaat, and a set of iron leg braces in one loft of a house we bought.
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

DH found the box for the microwave before the current one up there when putting the suitcases away. He was actually looking for the 3rd turntable to setup for DD as he has bought her a couple of albums on vinyl. Turntable 1 is rarely used by me - too scared to break it and it does nothing automatically so there is plenty of scope to do so - and DD wouldn't know where to start. Turntable 2 is set up in the attic room - no idea why but DH does the ironing up there so maybe it is for that. Apparently the operation of a turntable is a life skill that 'she must have'!!
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

We’ve lost count of the number of dead printers we found up there. It was a printer graveyard, all suitably buried, under everything else.

Thankfully the neighbour was away so we used their recycle bin to get rid of lots of cardboard (with permission, and we were putting it out for collection for them).

I’ve managed to get rid of all the books now. Various local youngsters are now reading books passed on.

There’s still a few things to go down the the charity shops. DD is making an almost daily trip.

We still have a very old TV.