For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anotherdad

Re: For Europeans concerned by Brexit

Post by anotherdad »

Is this the Brexit festival we were promised?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Bit of a damp squib, if it is.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

It's more bazaar than festival, I'll say that.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

:lol: :lol:
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

anotherdad wrote:Gosh, what a bunch of pessimists some of you are. To paraphrase advice I've heard a lot over two years: "Stop talking the country down. You won, get over it."
But we were pwomithed a pony!! :x

http://newsthump.com/2018/11/15/but-we- ... brexiters/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Amber

Post by Amber »

Now is the time to tune into James O'Brien on LBC, even if you don't normally. It is the best place for intelligent commentary on today's events.

The BBC is well behind- Esther McVey's resignation only just up on there, LBC had it 25 mins ago.
Surferfish

Post by Surferfish »

Amber wrote:Now is the time to tune into James O'Brien on LBC, even if you don't normally. It is the best place for intelligent commentary on today's events.
Alternatively if you would prefer to listen to some unintelligent bullsh*t on events, the Prime Minister will be delivering a speech in around 10 minutes... :)
RedPanda

Post by RedPanda »

You have to hand it to the EU, they are smart negotiators.

If my understanding of the withdrawal agreement is correct then we have handed the EU all the cards for the next stage in the negotiations. This will not get better. They will continue to squeeze. They want money and to uphold the four freedoms. They put forward the rules for the negotiations (divorce agreement then NI backstop then trade negotiations) and the UK went along with it. They will get what they want now. In fact they have to because they need all the 27 member states to agree it and if it isn't a fantastic deal for them, then at least one of those states will say no.

Time to pull the plug. Start again (with a genuine threat of mutual destruction) or admit defeat and have a 2nd referendum.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Can't retweet on here and there are plenty of good ones to choose from but here are two which pretty much sum it up:
Here begins a full day of Brexiters complaining that the only feasible Brexit looks self-defeating and horrible, without ever admitting that this is exactly what the other side has been telling them for two years. (Hugo Rifkind)
No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy (Robert Harris)
And from closer to home, my own DD:
We are really in the sh*t now.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Amber wrote:Can't retweet on here and there are plenty of good ones to choose from but here are two which pretty much sum it up:
Here begins a full day of Brexiters complaining that the only feasible Brexit looks self-defeating and horrible, without ever admitting that this is exactly what the other side has been telling them for two years. (Hugo Rifkind)
No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy (Robert Harris)
And from closer to home, my own DD:
We are really in the sh*t now.
I beg to differ.

I can see some light again.

There have been six resignations so far and it will continue.I wonder when the Prime Minister will resign ?

I wonder who will be the next Prime Minister of our country ?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln