Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Sally-Anne

Re: Grammar School or Bust: For those planning to move house

Post by Sally-Anne »

Amber wrote:
Sally-Anne wrote:
Surferfish wrote:And of course, being French you might particularly enjoy "'Allo 'Allo!" :D
On which note, the painting of "The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies" is shortly to be auctioned somewhere in the south-west (Somerset?). The reserve price is £2,500 ...
When I called this thread 'grammar school or bust', Sally-Anne, this was not exactly what I had in mind. :shock: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very clever, Amber. What a lovely juxtaposition. (Something Renee himself might have said about the Madonna, of course ...)
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

It was the only reason I opened it. :oops:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Surferfish wrote:And of course, being French you might particularly enjoy "'Allo 'Allo!" :D
I have watched the odd one here and there. Enjoying all films in relation with Resistance and WWII, I certainly have to give 'Allo Allo' priority over 'The vicar of Dibley'. Thank you for your advice, Suferfish!

I wonder if British still enjoy comedies like 'Yes Minister'... Or is it too old?
Amber

Post by Amber »

JaneEyre wrote:
Surferfish wrote: I wonder if British still enjoy comedies like 'Yes Minister'... Or is it too old?
We have enough comedians in real life politics these days to need to watch that. We do enjoy a good farce.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Anyone vaguely nostalgic for 'allo 'allo might enjoy this, and various associated videos. The Fallen Madonna is in evidence towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7pJ_eD ... rt_radio=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still snigger constantly when I watch anything from the show.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Back on the school front, Bad Education has just started :) . I'm not a huge fan of Jack Whitehall, but I do like this. Not sure what my late mum would have made of it, though. A bit too reminiscent of the school where she taught (Remedial English) for the last decade of her career for comfort, I suspect :shock: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now