GCSE Revision Courses

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bucksdad8623

GCSE Revision Courses

Post by bucksdad8623 »

Hi, my son is sitting his GCSEs this summer and is struggling with his sciences. We live in Bucks and there are a lot of revision courses available, but don't know which one to choose or how to decide which one is best. Cost wise there's a large spread in fees so is it a case of you get what you pay for?
Can anyone advise?
I don't know if you can recommend anyone specifically on a public forum, so PM me if you prefer.
Thanks.
kenyancowgirl

Re: GCSE Revision Courses

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Get him to go and see his teachers. They will be running lunchtime or after school revision sessions for free - or if they are not running them, will arrange something with him as an indivisual. It is in their interest to help him get the grades and they will know better than anyone what he is struggling on (not to mention knowing exactly what is on your specific exam board specification, which a lot of "revision courses" don't have as they are more generic.)

Always, always, always go to the school teachers first.
bucksdad8623

Re: GCSE Revision Courses

Post by bucksdad8623 »

Thanks for the advice, the school does extra lessons at lunchtime which he attends (under protest I might add, but attend he does).
They don't do anything extra on top of that which is a shame, but teachers need a life too, so can't complain.
But I will speak to his teachers though.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now