Happy New Year!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

loobylou

Re: Happy New Year!

Post by loobylou »

Happy New Year everyone.
It's a shame this forum has gone so quiet.
mad?

Post by mad? »

I have had some good news in that a dear friend has just become a grandmother :) with a New Year's grandson. That and the fact that the seeds that I ordered for my new greenhouse have arrived and I am beyond excited. That said, it is freezing so a long way from sowing them yet. In other positive news I went for a walk at daybreak today and the sunrise was gorgeous - plus the coffee truck in the park was open already - £2 for the best coffee ever - small pleasures I know but I'll take them where I can :)
mad?
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Happy New Year, forum friends.

Good news - DS started his first grown-up job a couple of days ago.
Even better news - he’ll be paying his own bills and will have to learn to be more responsible with money as he can’t commute from home.
PerpetualStudent

Post by PerpetualStudent »

Thank you mad and KS10 for the opportunity to contemplate these moments of contentment and satisfaction both small and large! I don’t often achieve a sunrise walk with good coffee but it is indeed a pleasure. For the first time in a long while I am reminded of an overly ambitious walk in the Austrian Alps that finally arrived at a guest house (in the middle of nowhere) just as the fresh coffee was made, to go with the apple strudel just out of the oven.

I hope your DS is settling into his new job KS10. I have never felt so rich or free as I did with my first job post graduation - evenings and weekends my own, with significantly more disposable income than I ever had as a student.

Cheers
PS
PerpetualStudent

Post by PerpetualStudent »

Happy New Year fellow forumites!

Not sure 2022 was better than 2021 in the end, but at least my cat used the time well and has learned how to turn on my radio alarm clock :lol: There is now very little chance I’ll oversleep anytime this year.

Good luck in 2023

Cheers
PS
nyr

Post by nyr »

Happy New Year!

On New Year's day, during the 60 mile drive to visit family, our car started to overheat and automatically called the assistance service, causing a lot of stress. So, not the best start for the year but it's definitely a mindset thing - DC are always bright and chirpy, so I must try getting more of what they and other forumites have and focus on all the positives.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I read that as your *cat* over heated & called the assistance service. I thought that was even more clever than the cat turning on the alarm clock :lol:

Happy new year to all.
scary mum
nyr

Post by nyr »

:lol:

Focusing on the fun and laughter
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

scary mum wrote:I read that as your *cat* over heated & called the assistance service. I thought that was even more clever than the cat turning on the alarm clock :lol:

Happy new year to all.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh no - I have this vision of an overheated cat on the phone now
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

PS just seen the word association thread .... Panda next?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now