debating club

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

food4thought

debating club

Post by food4thought »

hello folks,

my daughter wants to join a debating club. I have no idea if the school does this... or who to contact.
does anyone know of a debating club/association that can help me find a group either online or locally?

rgd
f4t
ToadMum

Re: debating club

Post by ToadMum »

food4thought wrote:hello folks,

my daughter wants to join a debating club. I have no idea if the school does this... or who to contact.
does anyone know of a debating club/association that can help me find a group either online or locally?

rgd
f4t
Would your DD be interested in getting involved with a local Youth Council? There will be a section about your local one on your LA'S website (there are 620 YCs so there probably is on in your area).

Re the school's extracurricular offer, do you not know because you have looked and not found it, or not yet looked? If you say which school (and / or post again in the relevant geographical section), someone may come forward with the definitive information, or at least pass on a hint as to how to find the info, as some schools' websites don't necessarily signpost very well.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

If the school website doesn’t list anything, contact the head of year or school office and acknowledge that your communication might need to be redirected.

Bear in mind it may be called other names but serve a similar function, for example my daughter’s school has a club called ‘Model UN’ where they all get the same topic and the. each get a country - they then research the policy of that country and put across why it is the best approach.

Some schools have teachers run a club, have paid for facilitators so there might be a cost, or have sixth form students running the club.
food4thought

Post by food4thought »

thank you people.
I will try the correct region in this forum.
They do have a club, but it's for older years only.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now