Veiled teacher: Would your child be comfortable?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Post by Guest »

I would find it difficult. As a feminist it hurts me. I do not want my daughter to see a woman in class whose authority she must respect be covered in this way. I have taught her that she is equal and that her person is hers to respect and protect. It is very much against my beliefs, I would chose my daughter not to have to deal with this in her class room. Teachers are role models. Beyond that may we all be safe and prosper.

Post by Guest »

Sorry there are so many versions of that last post. When sending it I kept getting the message that it was rejected by the de-bug programme. So I kept trying it, removing words that may have been unacceptable. As it was... everyone is now up here and i am seen to be thrashing a point! Well.. you'll get my gist anyway.
patricia

Post by patricia »

As moderator I am trying to delete your first 3 posts, but its not letting me ....will keep trying

If you were to register .....you would be able to edit/delete your own posts...hint hint....

Patricia

Post by Guest »

I don't my children being taught by a veiled teacher as I dont want their religious ideas being imposed on my kids. Also, I dont want my kids to be in class with veilded kids as I dont want their religion being imposed on my kids!!

Post by Guest »

I think if religious schools are allowed, that are full of the tenets and symbols of that religion, for those that believe theirs is the truth, then by the same token it should not offend anyone were we to have establishments that did not admit such practices.
Above all, we should accept all religions, races and creeds into our lives, learn about them and welcome them but prioritise our own indigenous culture. When in rome ....
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Kent Mum

Post by Kent Mum »

Interesting thoughts indeed.
I have to say that my son would have had a big problem in the last few years, as he has had hearing difficulties; not as bad as it once was, but he would need to be able to see the mouth.
My son is also just on the Asperger spectrum. Although he is coping better now with maturity, he still finds eye contact difficult for any length of time- and would find the heavy focus on an adults eyes quite disturbing and hard to cope with. I have worked with children on the Autistic spectrum who would find this very hard to cope with.
Of course I'm out of my mind! It's dark and scary in there!!!!
sj355

Post by sj355 »

I think if religious schools are allowed, that are full of the tenets and symbols of that religion, for those that believe theirs is the truth, then by the same token it should not offend anyone were we to have establishments that did not admit such practices.
In my opinion, this is a very sensible approach. On a more general context, all this brings me back to me a discussion that I had with a Muslim friend 3 years ago, which at the time was considering whether to wear a veil or not. I commented to her that if someone can not be a woman (or man) in her (his) own right and respected for that, then no amount of dressing or un-dressing in the world would ever achieve this. To this day she is still uncovered...

INEX
sj355
the student

Post by the student »

This is truely getting ridiculous. I have no problem with a head scalf, however why wear a veil teaching children. If anyone has ever studied Islam, they should know that children are seen as innocent at a young age et cetera. This is yet an example of the media having a field day putting the rest of the poor muslims in a bad light.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear 'The Student'

I have removed your last sentence as it was against forum rules...

Patricia
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now