How do I make my child remember

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

First term of Yr7 we had school timetables/homework on kitchen wall and it was a family ritual of 'sports today' 'english homework due in today'. After first term we moved to post-its on wardrobe in bedroom.

So, Maths homework tonight which needs to be done by next Tuesday warrants a post-it which stays on wardrobe until it it done and so on.

Now at the end of Yr8 it works well and DD who joins Yr7 in September is now looking forward to working same system.

So remaining post-its on a Sunday night are looked through (by me :evil: ) to see what is outstanding and I now notice his own post-its about 'sort pencil case' 'phone whoever' and it works 90% of the time, the 10% that fails, well DS has to face the consequences and he doesn't like that happening which shows he is moving on :lol:

After the first half term, I think most kids at secondary should be standing on their own 2 feet most of the time, if not we are probably doing them a dis-service by mopping up behind them, be cruel to be kind (if you can!!).

Good luck