ear piercing

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hopeful5

Post by hopeful5 »

Oh. I forgot to mention, and this tip may be helpful for girls about to have their ears pierced but it is recommended to eat something sweet ten minutes before hand to avoid fainting.
mumoffour

Post by mumoffour »

My mum was also of the "ladies of the night" school of thought, re both ankle chains and pierced ears. But she is 82. She never has had her ears pierced herself but is never without clip on earrings!

I got mine done by my friend's dad who offered the service in his pharmacy. Mine are not level either - hence the endless humming and hahing over the positioning with my daughter!!
Chambod

Post by Chambod »

Both my sister and I through choice had our ears pierced at the local jewelery shop while still in the juniors, even though my mother has never had hers done. At the end of year 6 I gave my daughter the choice. Her only restriction was that she should have them done at the very beginning of the summer holidays in order that she would be then able to take them out for P.E. at school. She chose to have them done this summer but refused point blank to go to Claire's for all the reasons previously mentioned. We asked at a chain jewelery shop who pointed us in the direction of a hairdressers/beauty salon. They were fantastic. They marked her ears really carefully and used a gun and we've had no problems.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Miss yoyo had hers done when she was 12 and 4 years later a second set (against my advice) she regrets the second set now.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My youngest dd (the one going to RGS tomorrow :D ) had hers done when she was about 7/8.

Now I'm the first to admit this is quite young to have it done (pesonally I hate seeing it done on babies!! :cry: ). But there was a valid (we feel) reason for doing it.

Some of you may remember me saying she has cholesteatoma, a result of which she's had 5 major operations on her ears. To help her feel better about her ears we allowed her to get them pierced. A small price to pay for her to have a bit of confidence about them (the ears that is :lol: ).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now