First day of school

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Wait till the first one leaves home - that's even worse!!
mmmh remember that one from when my sister left home. DM took it hard.

Well if DS1 goes on to uni then that little milestone will coincide with DS4 starting secondary. I thought I had precision planned the timing of my childrens' births to perfection.

:roll: obviously not.
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Tolstoy wrote:
Wait till the first one leaves home - that's even worse!!
Well if DS1 goes on to uni then that little milestone will coincide with DS4 starting secondary. I thought I had precision planned the timing of my childrens' births to perfection.

:roll: obviously not.
That is exactly what is happening to me, and I am all over the place. I don't know whether I am coming or going. One minute happy, the next an emotional wreck. Oh well, things will settle down, evetually, just in time for no2 to leave home, then no 3........help :shock:
sharone

Post by sharone »

I thought I was the only one that cried at that song! It's nice to know that I'm not such a sap after all. I watched the movie with my daughter (aged 8) and she was handing me tissues as I was sobbing. Now anytime we watch a movie together she gets the tissues ready. I guess the consolation to having your children grow up is that sooner or later there's the joy of grandchildren to look forward to.

Hope you all have a relaxing weekend, and whatever you do, don't watch Marley and Me, or The Bridge to Terrabithia, both of which also set me off.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

OMG, totally agree about the song!! It always makes me think about how I will cope with my children leaving home! The first time I heard it I cried SO much. I still cannot sing along to it whan I watch MM, the huge lump in my throat prevents me!

Well done to everyone for getting through the hurdles of children growing up, changing schools, missing buses, leaving home...it tests us as well as our children.

Got that song running through my head now, got to stop and hug my daughter who is next to me!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I am a bad mother, one down one to go.....

:lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Oh, good for you! Completely healthy!!
Milla

Post by Milla »

whatever happened to those big adventures ...
Need an emoticon for "wonky singing" to name'n'shame yoyo!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

And of course while we parents are wailing and gnashing our teeth the younger siblings will be arguing over who is going to get the recently vacated and bigger bedroom.... :roll: :lol:
Marylou
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now