My Amazing School!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chardom

My Amazing School!!

Post by chardom »

My DS said something really lovely last night when we were talking over his week at school. He and the other children in year 7 were all asked to write a few sentences about their thoughts on the first couple of weeks at their new school ready for the open day for prospective pupils next weekend. He told me what he had written then said that when we were looking round this school last year all the pupils he spoke to had told him he would have 'the time of his life' there and that he had taken that to mean there were great day trips and holidays to go on :roll: He then went on to say that he knew what they meant now as his school was amazing, the lessons were great, and he loved it and wouldn't want to go anywhere else :!: If we could just crack the tiredness then I would be a very happy bunny indeed :D
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

That's lovely to hear...my son loves his school, and so far is very motivated and he is so chatty when he comes home, full of stories etc.

I agree re the tiredness - not helped by the fact that there are bugs making the rounds :roll:
paula

Post by paula »

My DD loves her new school too. Coping well with more homework, cycling 4 miles every day and the dreaded 2 week timetable. She has thrown herself into all the music clubs/bands and was chuffed to be asked if she wants to go on the music tour next summer. So far I think she will be the only yr8 on the trip and she's going all the way to Rome.
All that stress re NVR was worth it :D
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

What lovely stories! :) :)
My DS too is loving his new school, you'd think he'd been there for years!

It makes all the stress and hard work worthwhile. Isn't it great when a plan comes together!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My dd is over the moon with her new school too.

Joined all the clubs she'd eagerly read about. Made a huge circle of friends already, and even been asked across for tea at a new friends house this week!

A bit tired on a night but last week was better than the first week and we're hoping the coming week will be better still. She has a homework timetable which sets 2/3 pieces each night and so far, so good :shock: DD is the type to sit down straight away as soon as she comes in from school and gets on with it. She has even done a bit during one lunchtime :shock:

So lovely to see them stretching their wings and becoming more mature and independent :D - but it brings the day so much closer when they *choke* leave us :cry: :cry:

I aim to enjoy the next few years as much as my dd does (I hope :lol: :lol: :lol: )

So worth all the effort! :D :D :D :D :D
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

My DS absolutely loves his school too!! I asked him yesterday and he said that he found the lessons really interesting (he hasn't used the word 'boring' for anything yet!!) and he said that the teachers were inspiring enough for him to want to do his work!! (I know it's only been 2 weeks) but at the moment it makes me feel the fees were worth the sacrifice!! He is so happy and has settled in so well and has made new friends already who he calls to discuss homework and travels with!! Long may it continue!!

It's good to hear that others are feeling the same way - it really makes the hard work all worthwhile!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now