Easier or harder next time around?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

*smack* - chocolit is only allowed in rehab!!

You shall have to continue with your manic laughter and strange twitches for a while longer I'm afraid. Those of us who went through this process previously will tell you the nervous tics do recede (eventually), unfortunately the manic laughter does stay with you forever.

By the time allocations day comes around you may find yourselves dribbling whilst passersby swear they can hear you muttering swear words under your breath. Worry not, by the following September only the muttering of swear words under your breath will continue in the worst case scenarios. All other outcomes will result in return to normal behaviour.

In the meantime, get yourself to rehab for the chocolit and wine sessions - usually held on a Friday night when there's nowt good on telly.
Milla

Post by Milla »

oh, I've been through it before, Snowdrops, hence the off-the-scale hysteria!
moved

Post by moved »

It got worse for me. I'm wondering about the tutoring lark as well as I always have to worry for my pupils too. We have good friendships by the end. Horrid horrid horrid system, feeling very sorry for this year's cohort with their frightened rabbit look. Constantly telling them that they are able to succeed, keep up the work and don't worry.
Fatandfifty

Post by Fatandfifty »

Having been through it three times with a 3/3 result I can only empathise but rest assured the foot stays on the gas pedal all the way to the Personal Statement and beyond!!!
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Easier for me; now know it is possible to succeed where first time around there were no goal posts.

Keeping interested is a challenge.... the NVR was fun first time... I'm not so interested in shapes in boxes anymore...

But the stakes are still high... so have to keep focused!

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Personally I think it gets harder. In fact it's not unlike childbirth. The first time you're very naive and have no idea how much it will hurt. The second time you think, 'I'm better prepared and it can't be as bad as last time'. But it is. The third time, you just know how awful it's going to be so it's worse than the first and second time put together!!

Speaking as someone who's currently in that no-man's land post-test/pre-result phase I think I'd rather go through childbirth.....
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Bexley Mum 2 wrote:who's currently in that no-man's land post-test/pre-result phase
That's definitely the worst part!
Animis opibusque parati
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Totally agree with BM2
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Having been through it 4 times with a 3/4 result (last time unlucky) it is much worse with each test. Childbirth is a party compared to 11+
LFH
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

I agree i'm panicking already and no 3 doesn't take it for another 2 years!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now