lurkers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

You have to be logged on to show up at all - and even if you're logged on you won't show up if you have the "Hide your online status" option selected in your Profile. Like those of us who're embarrassed about the amount of time we spend hanging around here. :oops:

Mike
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

jeanb, you have been very helpful to me. :) No advice is rubbish!
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Being rather self conscious I like to remain as hidden.

I tend to pop in of a morning and will then leave the tab open all day regardless of whether I pop back so it would look as if I never left the site if I wasn't hidden.

I needed lots of information when I joined last year as I live in a part of a county where very few parents opt to put their children in for the 11+. Many don't even know there is an option until it is possibly too late. So I certainly didn't lurk. Also I am far to opinionated to lurk anywhere for long :lol: .

That said I like being able to join debates and get my point across as in real life the self conciousness gets in the way. I don't really care if people agree or not and I will happily give advice as it is often peoples opinions that are asked for not facts. I know I appreciated them when I first arrived.

I think some people like to play it 8) and that is why they lurk until the excitement of their childs results overcomes any hope of remaining 8). Plus as their DC often will tell them very little of what happened on the actual day they are sometimes forced to out themselves in the hope that they can glean something from all us other desperate folk :wink: .

Don't worry Suncrest I carry on editing the spelling etc in my posts long after I have submitted or I too would never post anything.
East lancs mumof4

Post by East lancs mumof4 »

Hello Nathair, fellow East Lancastrian! Nice to meet you! We are thin on the ground around here!
Sorry couldn't reply last night as we were at DD's school prize night. I think it's the one you went to open day the other Saturday!! I might have even seen you without knowing :) You are not nosey, just curious like me. We applied to Clitheroe Grammar, St Christophers, (maybe the nice CE school you liked) and Westholme the girls independent. Passed Clitheroe but we are 11 miles away and thought two bus journeys was too much age 11. We then had a difficult decision when she was lucky enough to be offered a place at St Christophers and a place with bursary at Westholme :shock: We really liked the CE where all her Primary School friends were going, but loved Westholme where she knew no one!!! It was so difficult as we are on a low income and have three older children who still need our support, but we made the right decision and we have a really happy and stimulated and much more confident DD :D
Please PM me if I can help you with any more information.
Also BIG congratulations to little Nathair !! :D
Who said children became easier when they grew older?
overpeck

Post by overpeck »

I joined almost a year ago and am an 11+ forum addict I still browse particularly the everything else thread. I am very grateful to all who replied during our appeal and thank goodness will not have to go through this again. I have a child in Y11 who is currently wanting to look at other options for 6th form. Life would be much easier if she stayed where she was but who said life would be easy. Second child has settled in well and has achieved top set for maths so I am soooo pleased we appealed. Sometimes you have to fight for what is right!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

Those are the schools we are looking at, except Skipton as well. DD didn't pass Clitheroe but has passed Skipton. We have put St Christopher's 2nd on the CAF (Skipton 1st) and she is sitting the exam for Westholme in November. She absolutely fell in love with Westholme but we would need the foundation bursary for her to go there. We are eligible for it by their criteria, but they only have 2 a year to give :? She really likes Skipton and St Christopher's too, so if we don't get the bursary it's not the end of the world.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
another mother

Post by another mother »

this site is totally addictive though strangely calming if all else in life is falling about me!
I should have left it now that DD2 is in year 8 but like you overpeck we are battling alongside DD1 about what to do about sixth form -stay, move - if so where! Tipsy - I wish you were dropping into the final section on here more - it always feels like there aren;t very many of us down there!! though those that are - esp KB - are very helpful.
Re sixth forms I am now armed with too much information to think straight and we still have two more schools to look at. You are right overpeck - it would be helpful if they'd stay put - but then I'd have less excuse to log in!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

another mother, it's only because it's down the bottom and I forget. :(
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

mitasol wrote:other potential lurkers..

Nfer
LEA Admissions (from around the country)
GS Heads
Confirmed!
Looking for help

Post by Looking for help »

Oh please tell me not GS heads :shock:

I never lurked, I only found this site while desperately in need of help, hence the name :? , still here despite all the wonderful help getting me nowhere. Can't really keep away :oops:

LFH
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now