Why the bad reputation?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Milla

Post by Milla »

went scuttling off to mums net and couldn't find the offending thread - anyone care to point me in the right direction with a link?
Many thanks if you can.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Milla wrote:went scuttling off to mums net and couldn't find the offending thread - anyone care to point me in the right direction with a link?
Many thanks if you can.
For example, a quick search produces the following in the first two results pages

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk?topicid=240 ... 0613192442

and http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/education/8 ... are-DD-for (seeker's post)

...however, it's true that bad things tend to stick in your mind, as for every negative comment there are plenty more positive ones! :)
Marylou
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

Makes a change to be thought of as "scary and obsessive" :D

Muwah ha ha ha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Milla

Post by Milla »

"scary" but also ... "really really useful."
Thanks Marylou - I find searching for things on mumsnet all but impossible so it was kind of you to do that for me.
Rugbymum

Post by Rugbymum »

Sally-Anne wrote: They also fail to appreciate that in many very competitive areas the 11+ is a "taboo" subject among parents, and to be able to come on here and simply talk about it is a blessed relief for many parents.
This is how I view this forum - when my son was doing the 11+, not many parents I know would talk about it and those that would, did not have the knowledge I was looking for. In Warwickshire last year we saw the new format introduced - something that we only found about half way through the year and also the changes in admission rules have been unsettling for some of us.

It was nice knowing many parents on here shared the same feelings about exam day (which I thought was traumatic), the waiting and finally results day.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now