Late CAF Submission

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Josa

Late CAF Submission

Post by Josa »

Just spoken to a colleague who totally forgot it's the deadline today to submit form. He's just posted it by recorded delivery and I've advised him to complete the form on line so hopefully he'll still meet the deadline. (colleague frantically completing form as we speak :oops: )
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

other options might be delivering by hand or using a courier? - the recorded delivery is unlikely to get there for a while in view of the strike.
dadofkent

Re: Late CAF Submission

Post by dadofkent »

Josa wrote:Just spoken to a colleague who totally forgot it's the deadline today to submit form. He's just posted it by recorded delivery and I've advised him to complete the form on line so hopefully he'll still meet the deadline. (colleague frantically completing form as we speak :oops: )
Shouldn't have sent recorded. Can't blame the postal strike now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I would hope that in most areas an online CAF would still be accepted until midnight on the day of the deadline.

Josa - tell your colleague to keep the proof of posting very safe indeed - photocopy it several times!

Even if he/she was not quite on the ball, I think that most Admissions departments would have a heart in such cases, particularly with a postal strike happening at the same time.

Sally-Anne
missmem

Post by missmem »

I don't know about that, SallyAnne. QE specifies noon 23rd October 2009 as their deadline and stresses that it your responsibility to get it in by that time, otherwise it is a late submission. :cry: :cry:
[img]http://l-stat.livejournal.com/img/mood/charitycam/stars/nerdy.gif[/img]
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

In which case I would cite the postal strike and ask for an exception to be made.

Admission Authorities are staffed by human beings and they often forgive these slight oversights by parents.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now