Are Your Kids Out Trick or Treating?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Well done Mrs Ed's Mum Clever Clogs, that's pretty much how my pumpkins looked but I'm just not able to work out what mousey buttons to click in the right order to produce such a good piccy!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Every year I decorate the Wendy house with fairy lights, cobwebs, a full size witch on a broom landing on the roof and spooky screams and howls coming from the cd player and DD takes all the kids up and down the street. I didn't do it this year as dd had a birthday party to go to so she didn't go trick or treating :cry:

I still bought some sweeties though for any other kiddies who might venture out (we have fought long and hard over the years to get a sense of community going on this small street and encourage all the local kids to join in when we do things like this).

I remarked to OH that no-one had called and we'd better eat the sweets ourselves then. It was at that point he laughed and said no-one had called because he'd locked the gate and they couldn't get in - MEANIE!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Well I never! DS2 has just gone trick or treating with a friend. A bit of a spontaneous affair, enabled by a mask from Mum's ever-present "Blue Peter Studio" equipment.

He has come back with a ton of sweets and also some serious cash? :shock:

DH and I are considering retiring and simply sending him out to work the neighbourhood for 4 hours once a year! :lol:
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

We've just driven home from Wales, so we haven't been out tonight. I had a bowl of sweets ready, but we only had one set of kids, who live across the road. I haven't had chance to decorate so I answered the door with my python wrapped around my wrist, and said they could have the sweets I was holding in my hand :shock: They were about to when the snake moved slightly :twisted: (I let them get some sweets from the bowl after though)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Just1-2go

Post by Just1-2go »

Mine went trick or treating early as they had a party to go to, we only do the houses with a jack-o-lantern lit. Some of the houses go really overboard with ghosts at the windows, and one even dresses up and sits in a creaking rocking chair! Excellent fun and not a healthy food in sight!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nathair wrote:We've just driven home from Wales, so we haven't been out tonight. I had a bowl of sweets ready, but we only had one set of kids, who live across the road. I haven't had chance to decorate so I answered the door with my python wrapped around my wrist, and said they could have the sweets I was holding in my hand :shock: They were about to when the snake moved slightly :twisted: (I let them get some sweets from the bowl after though)
Brill!!!!!!!

came through your patch this evening - lots of people out and about dressed up - all ages, reckon some will go up Pendle Hill.. mwahahaha
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Nathair wrote: I answered the door with my python wrapped around my wrist
OMG, having a complete phobia of the legless things ( see, I can't even type the name coz I feel sick Image) I think I would have had a heart attack on the spot!

Am glad you live in East Lancashire and I'm in Kent!!
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

inkypinkyponky wrote:
Nathair wrote: I answered the door with my python wrapped around my wrist
I think I would have had a heart attack on the spot!
That was the plan :twisted: trick and treat! :twisted:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Plum

Post by Plum »

We once called on a house that had a lady with a pet rat answering the door. The kids were very impressed!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

OFF TOPIC.

We had 3 pet rats until recently. They are the most delightful, friendly creatures. If you like rodents like gerbils or hamsters, then these are the pets for you! They are trainable, friendly, intelligent and pretty. Nothing like the ones you see in the street.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now