Help: Pupils of Chinese heritage who speak little/no Chinese

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Arale

Help: Pupils of Chinese heritage who speak little/no Chinese

Post by Arale »

Hi! I am working on a research project and looking for young people in England (secondary to A-Levels age) of Chinese heritage who can speak little or no Chinese (any dialect). I would like to hear about their experience of going to school and growing up in the UK.

This research relates to my PhD study at Roehampton University, London. In a previous study that I worked on, I spoke to many young people that attended Chinese classes at the weekend to learn Chinese. I now want to speak to other young people with Chinese heritage who do not attend these classes and do not learn Chinese language at home.

The interview would take about 20 minutes, and it could be conducted over the phone or be in a public location convenient for the pupil (or with parent/guardian). If you could help me, or know someone that could participate, I’d like to hear from you. Please reply here, send me a private message here, or contact me at maua@roehampton.ac.uk.
Getting in touch doesn't mean that you have to take part, it just means that I can give you a bit more info about the study and then you can decide from there.

Thank you very much! :)