Has anyone experience of school exchange trips?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Just found the website.

http://www.ccll.org.uk/ho/
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

There are groups throughout the country who organise the visits. If we can manage to have one here in deepest darkest Lincs,I'm quite sure everyone else must be able to find one too :lol: But will have a quick look at our info for you xx
We knew the local organisers purely because they also run DS2's football team. Hubby has helped out because of his job over the years,but I kept some distance,as I explained. This year I have relented(been browbeaten !!)
We have had visits from the organisers who have checked out our home & seen where a child would sleep. They don't need thier own room,so long as you have a spare bed. Then it's a case of CRB form filling & joining in the fund raising. There are various preparation meetings where we are put in touch with the other hosts,especially those living nearby.
The children come for the month before our children break for thier summer holidays. Thier days are pretty well filled with day trips & health checks,most of which are donated by local companies,ie-Butlins give them a free day out ! Weekends are spent mostly with the host families which isn't brilliant for us as hubby works almost every weekend ! I'll manage :? My lot are mega excited,only problem now is deciding boy or girl. As our lot had a huge row over this we told a liitle white lie that we couldn't choose & had to take who we were given !
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Here's a link-hope I'm allowed to post it,if not I'll pm you :)
www.chernobylchildlifeline.org
Sallyj xx
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

Cor blimey,you can google far quicker than I can grab a leaflet & type :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Sorry!!

I am humbled that you are temporarily taking in a child/children sallyj. I haven't been able to get these children out of my mind since I learned about this recently.
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

That I think is a wonderful thing to be able to do and something I would certainly consider doing once my youngest is a couple of years older.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

It really does put things in perspective doesn't it?