How much are you spending on DCs xmas gifts

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Midget Man

Post by Midget Man »

So, so pleased you didn't buy her that pudding :D Give her a quick kick up the bum instead!!

I keep waiting for one of my kids to throw a fit in the shop's as I would love to throw a fit on the floor myself like in the advert, I already shout "I said you buy one you get one free" and my family all disappear from me :lol: :lol: If kid's want to play that game, then I can too-I know who'll those battles :D
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

No,no,no midget man ! Please don't do the supermarket tantrum thing ! I have a hubby who thinks this is just hilarious :oops: Thankfully our lot rarely shop with us or he'd be banned to the car with the doors firmly shut !
He also has a partner in crime who finds it hugely funny to try following us around unseen,putting extra items into our trolley :roll:
Time I switched to online shopping & left the big soft lads to find a new form of amusement !
Milla

Post by Milla »

We "make" ours watch "World's Strictest Parent" on BBC3 or 4. Well, they've seen it twice. Touching programme and a good one for teaching a bit of perspective.
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/47/47055t4vjrz296r.gif[/img]
sallyj

Post by sallyj »

DD2 watches that in total awe :lol: We can positively see her halo glowing !
It's certainly an eye opener to the diversity in parenting styles. I sure wouldn't want to admit to owning some of those little treasures though !
Freya

Post by Freya »

We made DD watch 'Brat Camp', fixed her with a stare and said "don't think we wouldn't" HA!

Loved Brat Camp because they were always hundreds of miles into a desert or something and they couldn't storm off anywhere! :lol: :lol:
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wyiCN5R/weight.png[/img]
tranquillity

Post by tranquillity »

When my 3 kids were younger, under 8 say, they loved dressing up, dancing, singing, making up stories, and then showing them to me and whoever else happened to be around. So a really cheap way of giving young kids pressies is to hunt around charity shops, jumble sales, etc, and find a hoard of dresses, scarves, bags, shoes, etc to make up a bespoke dressing up chest, and then spend time with the kids while they create their mini dramas/operas/x factor auditions, then spend time watching their efforts. Masses of fun, so little cash!!

It gets a bit pricier once they outgrow this phase though :( My eldest two are 19 and 16, DS and DD respectively, and the DD especially has amazingly expensive tastes!!

My advice is, make the most of it while they're little :D

And Poundland is fab. My littlest DS bought a huge bubble sword-wand from there in the summer and it lasted us for weeks. He loved it. Also, he and I recently spent a very happy hour in there buying christmas decs and extras - hats, bags, stockings, antlers, flashing noses..... So little cash, so much fun.