Beware of scammers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

T.i.p.s.y

Beware of scammers

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I was watching a programme about 4 weeks ago about scammers and one of the scams was fake Royal Mail delivery cards being put through the door. If you call the number for recollection then it charges you about £10 per minute. Anyway I got one through the door today. I thought it was strange as the posty never comes this early and no one had knocked the door. I typed the phone number into google and low and behold it comes up as a spam number. So be careful, thhey are quite sophisticated looking and even have the address of your nearest delivery office on the front.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I saw that too. It resonated with me as I had had a problem with the postie popping a "you were out" card through the letterbox when I was standing right behind it! The doorbell had not been rung. I opened the door and chased him but he made a sharp exit. He wasn't carrying any parcel. I complained to Royal Mail (who were not surprised -oddly) and to M&S who were using Royal Mail as their carrier. M&S gave me an ex gratia payment even although it wasn't their fault. Royal Mail said they would deliver the parcel the next day. They didn't, and I had to drive to the depot to collect it :evil: .

Looks like these scammers are taking advantage of Royal Mail behaving like this.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Unfortunately this scam has been prevalent for a few years now. More so at this time of year with people ordering so many things off the internet they are banking on people losing track of what they've ordered and thus have loads of responses.