Now that the exams are over...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

(It sounds like a possible ear infection, perhaps labyrinthitis?? Herman??)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

TweetyPie wrote:Was looking forward to the first day of total relax and have ended up with some kind of bug - head keeps spinning and keep throwing up :roll:
If it persists, you should see a doc. I have had labyrinthitis, (sounds like a greek classic disease), several times.At its worst, you cannot lift your head of the bed and heave and vomit all the time. :evil:
Lesser cases are nausea and dizzy spells especially when you first wake up, rise from sitting or look from extreme side to side.
It's horrible but a prescription of stemitil acts within 3- 4 days and after 7 - 10 ish days sees it off. No drowsy affects like others I have tried and you can get on with life.
Feel better soon.x
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

head keeps spinning and keep throwing up
:shock:

like in 'The Exorcist'?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wLAqoVr/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wLAqoVr/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
TP123

Post by TP123 »

oh dear!! hopefully not! :o Just felt like the whole room was moving around fast and kept wobbling (not a pretty sight or feeling). A bit like if you had spun around 100 times and then tried to stand. not nice.

I will look up labyrin...(can't even spell it). Symptoms seem the same - though it is a lot less now. not eating helps.

Going to try to tackle going into work tomorrow. :shock:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

ugh - if it is labyrinthitis then this a pest.... usually a viral infection of the inner ear... mega sea sickness - room keeps going round if you move your head.

best keep head REALLY still and if poss get hold anti sickness tabs there are some that get absorbed through the gum rather than being swallowed... rather better if you are :? :? :? "indisposed"
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Going to see the doc tomorrow and will let you know result. Thanks All.
wanting the best

Post by wanting the best »

I have written (or ranted, whichever word you prefer :) ) in the Redbridge section. Please keep thread going.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Thanks WTB. I was in two minds as this was the first year of 11+ for us so the cheating was new to me.
TP123

Post by TP123 »

Hi Chelmsford Mum,
GP confirmed that it is Labyrinthitis and presecribed stemitil - but the chemist have given me Prochlorperazine (i guess its all the same).

feeling better today though. :)
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

It is the same :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now