11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Plum

Post by Plum »

Oh and avoid chewing gum!!!!
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Plum wrote:Oh and avoid chewing gum!!!!
And toffee ... :(

DS had braces in Y7. I was not prepared for the first 24 hours which he found very painful. Had I known I would have bought something stronger than Calpol to give him. We also needed ulcer gel to help when the metal rubbed the inside of his mouth. The first 24 hours were the worst and he soon got used to it. He has beautiful teeth now :D
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

onwardandupward wrote:Thanks for tips, InkyPinkyPonky. That's a blow about the wisdoms moving the teeth forward again only a few years later, so will she have the crooked ones corrected or leave them as they are? The whole thing must seem like a pointless excercise.
She had the initial straightening done 5 years ago as her canines were right up in the roof of her mouth. Her teeth do look miles better now but her dentist says that the front teeth overlap is not serious enough, as the rules got much stricter a couple of years ago and she doesn't qualify now! As we can't afford private treatment, she'll have to marry an orthodontist!

Good luck with the treatment, I can highly recommend Panadol Acti-fast tablets for dental pain, having had stuff done last year for which I had to be sedated for as I'm a biter of dentists!!! :twisted:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now