Homework

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
chardom

Post by chardom »

UPDATE: Just finished the project after working solidly since Saturday and DS has numbered all the pages! Hooray............. or maybe not :?: Only 82 pages!!! Shock horror :evil: I have told him that it will have to do and if his teacher says anything to him about the 18 missing pages then I will happily wrap the damn thing around his neck! :twisted:
We are now going to chill out and enjoy whats left of half term! :D
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I'm impressed.
100 pages! I still think it's ridiculous.
mystery

Post by mystery »

I can't believe 100 pages. How would the teacher possibly read it all? I would assume it was a printing error and should have been 10 pages ..... hope you don't find that out soon!
chardom

Post by chardom »

I agree with you Ed's mum! This is going on my list of 'things to mention at parents evening' which is in a couple of weeks. We took the advice that forum members suggested and used a nice big font and traced most of the pictures from books to save time but it has still been a chore! We are both so happy its done :)
chardom

Post by chardom »

we double checked at school mystery and it was definitly 100 pages. Think the teacher obviously has plenty of spare time for reading! :lol:
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

I think I'd be inclined to mention it to the head. I'd really like to absolutely certain that the teacher had properly read every single page of all of them before marking them with due thoroughness.

Mike
moved

Post by moved »

Homework can serve a useful purpose. Research teaches children to be independent learners, exercises can consolidate what is already covered, essays develop writing style and technique.

Personally though I hate it and I hate marking it even more! :lol:

Edit: especially when I can't read it. I nag my children to produce tidy work as I feel sorry for the poor teacher who has to mark the illegible scrawl.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now