Jobs for the girls.....

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Are these women totally mad?

Having had three babies and knowing how painful ones stitches/boobs/infected womb (sorry too much info, but it was fiery agony) can be, and how much erm,how to put it, 'red leakage' there is, I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without the room spinning, let alone got out of bed!

*rolls eyes and still thinks the sprogs were worth it!*
PB Mum

Post by PB Mum »

And then sometimes we don't meet 'that' partner until so much later :D ....I'm certainly not the 'single mum' type (I've found it hard enough with there being two of us! :shock: )...married at 40, accepting we probably wouldn't have children, and then didn't even realise when I was pregnant (nothing that diet wouldn't sort out! :lol: :oops: ) We can't predict / dictate what will happen and when, so I would agree, aim high if that's what you want, and see how it 'pans out'...maybe even with some gold! :)
Chelmsford mum

Post by Chelmsford mum »

inkypinkyponky wrote:Are these women totally mad?
Quite simply yes.
KB

Post by KB »

I made a decision to give up career (not working!) when we had children because otherwise neither of us would ever had seen them!
With ALL my DC I would advise thinking about what sort of life they want to have & whether their career options fit with those choices.
Career is only one part of your life & I think youngsters should be encouraged to think about the impact of their chosen career on their lifestyle - not just how much money they will earn/how they want to spend their working day.
I have a very talented DD but if she does want to be able to continue her career if she has a family then I do think it is worth a bit of forward planning. Not necessarily to 'lower' ones sights but as mentioned above to make wise choices within those option she is considering. Choosing a career that will be easier to continue along side family life could allow her to be more fullilled in the future rather being in a position where she has to choose one or the other.
For those who are totally committed to one particular path I'm not suggesting they should abandoned it because they might one day want to have a baby! but I do think it is a factor to be considered amongst others and it is unrealistic to ignore the issue.