Rabbit Rabbit Rabbit

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tottington

Post by tottington »

Whatever you end up getting - just as long as you remember that you'll be the one looking after it - we've got a house full of 'abandoned' pets - ranging from fish, to finches to African land snails (actually, I quite like them (snails, that is) - if you forget to feed them they just go into 'hibernation' and only come out again when the next lettuce leaf appears :D ) - and guess who's doing the cleaning out, feeding etc? :roll:
Totty
Amber

Post by Amber »

Should you tire of the effervescent company of your land snails, please refer to the 'Jollof' post - link below, which might give you an idea.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... &start=160
tottington

Post by tottington »

How cruel :lol: :lol: :lol:
I could never do that to them - we have bonded, you see...
Anyway, I think you'd only need one for a family of 8 - they're huge! Would also prove a bit chewy, I imagine :shock:
They do combine a lot of advantages: they don't talk, don't smell, definitely don't run away - possibly not very cuddly though :?
totty
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

My nephew's pet snail tried to run away - it didn't get very far though... :lol:
Marylou
Nathair

Post by Nathair »

This thread reminded me of a joke.

From a Dog's Daily Diary:

8:00 am
Oh Boy! Dog Food! My favorite!

9:30 am
Oh Boy! A Car Ride! My Favorite!

9:40 am
Oh Boy! A Walk! My Favorite!

10:00am
Oh Boy! Getting petted! My favorite!

11:30 am
Oh Boy! Dog Food! My Favorite!

Noon
Oh Boy! The Kids! My Favorite!

1:00 pm
Oh Boy! The Yard! My Favorite!

4:00 pm
Oh Boy! To the Park! My Favorite!

5:00 pm
Oh Boy! Dog Food! My Favorite!

5:30 pm
Oh Boy! Pretty Mums! My Favorite!

6:00 pm
Oh Boy! Playing Ball! My Favorite!

6:30 pm
Oh Boy! Watching TV with my Master! My Favorite!

8:30 pm
Oh Boy! Sleeping in Master's Bed! My Favorite!

From a Cat's Daily Diary:

Day 483 of my captivity. My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh food while I am forced to eat dry cereal.

The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape and the mild scolding I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by twisting around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded; must try this at the top of the stairs.

In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair; must try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was.

Hmmmm, not working according to plan.

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary confinement throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell of food. More importantly, I overheard that my confinement was due to my power of "allergies". I must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant. He speaks with them regularly, and I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured.

But I can wait; it is only a matter of time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10100;430/st/20100902/e/DD+Starts+Senior+School/dt/5/k/bbdb/event.png[/img]
Amber

Post by Amber »

Well, as they say, dogs have owners, cats have staff.
Padstow

Post by Padstow »

Have you thought about rats as pets?

They can be kept indoors, smaller than rabbits, less to clean up,very entertaining & sociable creatures and nobody ever fancies a rat casserole.
chad

Post by chad »

nobody ever fancies a rat casserole.
Wasn't there a hint of rat casserole on "I'm a celebrity GMOOH"? :roll:
[img]http://sl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/748/748895c3fyugpiju.gif[/img]
Padstow

Post by Padstow »

What is GMOOH?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

GMOOH = Get Me Out Of Here. :wink: